Monday, August 10, 2009

A Summer Break

For the most of summer I've been spending a lot of time off-line. Taking a summer break for me and to spend time with my family. At first it was hard. I'm used to going on my computer everyday. It is one of the first things I do when I get home from the day job. It is so instinctive that as I walk in my door I head straight for my office to boot up the comp. The first few days my finger was on the button ready to push it to boot up the comp when I stopped myself realizing that I wasn't going on the comp. I have gotten much better at not going on the comp everyday. And even the days I go on comp I don't spend as much time on it.

So now instead when I get home I bypass the office and relax with my family who is visiting from out of state. My cousin who lives close to me come by with the kids and it is a full house of family. We laugh, chat and have a blast. Since we enjoy various TV shows it is fun discussing them or debating according to the show. We get loud and defend out positions. LOL. We've also been spending time exploring some sights, shopping and dining out.

I'm also getting some reading done. My big sis and I are avid readers and have similar tastes in books. Someday's we sit in the living room reading a book while the TV drones in the background. If something in a book grabs us we tell each other about it. When we are done we switch books. After we finish each others book we then talk about it. The debates on what we liked or didn't in the book gets heated. The other day my nephew came running to see what the arguing was all about. I calmly told him his mother was 'crazy'. He looked at both of us and said right back that we both were. My sis and I looked at each other then back at him and replied in unison 'so are you'. He sighed loudly, rolled his eyes and countered he prefers to call it eccentric. We all cracked up. Ever since we are saying we are eccentric. Hanging with fam is so much fun.

The break for summer has been a much needed escape.

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...