Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Shiver

Happy Halloween!

I have this thing that I like. For as far back as I can remember I enjoy movies, books or tales of spook or horror. Tales that make you stay up at night listening for that bump in the night. Make you pulse pound and you wonder what is around the next corner. All the things that make you shiver. I love to shiver.

In my opinion there are different degrees of shivering.

Slight shiver - this is the one, which only gives me a little thrill. A little tingle that feathers my hair.

Body Shiver - the body shakes, your heart pounds, sweat breaks out and you start looking around to see what is lurking waiting for you.

Shiver so hard my teeth rattle and I drop on my knees - this is when you hands shake, heart feels like it is coming out of your chest, you are sweating and wondering if that sound you heard is for real.

I can go on and on about all sort of shivers but I’ll leave at the few above. When you tell someone to make me shiver it can be taken many way. It can be sexy, scary or spooky. All those shivers can encompass so many emotions. One shiver can tell a story of how a person is feeling. The movement in it self is it’s own story. It’s amazing how much you can learn from a shiver.

Being October and the month of spooky I am looking for the scare me type. This is when there are lots of scary movies on TV. The time I pull out my favorite horror and thriller books. When I look forward to the decoration and so on. In all of them I am looking for that shiver that makes your hair stand on edge. Then you laugh in that uneasy way. Put your hands over your eyes and watch with fingers sprawled. And wonder why I let myself be scared like this.

I love it. After all it’s all about making me shiver.

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...