Monday, May 04, 2015

Ink Motions with Trilby Palmer

tcinkmotions-sm3



Residing in the middle of the English countryside is the perfect backdrop for Trilby Palmer to dream up wildly, comedic tales of erotica. Trilby has travelled and lived around the world but loves to call England home: English pubs, theatre, walks and cold winter nights cuddled up in front of the fire.

A background in theatre, TV and ghostwriting has given Trilby a huge insight into human nature, which is used in each and every story. Trilby has won awards in the comedy industry as well as theatre and writing.

You can contact me on trilbypalmer@gmail.com or www.facebook/trilbypalmerwriter

 

 

Interview

How do you get an idea for your novel?

 

I’ve spent many years as a ghostwriter and though writing down other people’s ideas pays the bills it doesn’t exactly let your imagination run riot. I’d also written for tv and theatre and a lot of my writing was humorous. I also harboured a secret desire for the erotic side of life. So where could I channel all this creativity? I was literally looking through a series of genres and erotica jumped out at me. I had read erotic novels many years ago but once I started researching I realized this is what I should be writing – it allowed me to be wild, rampant and funny. Pulling on my theatrical background I came up with a hero I thought could last a series, thus Ethan Dwight was born – jobbing actor who never says no, no matter what the job is. The first book ‘Sex Comedy’ sees him playing love interest to a Hollywood actress in her first play, and I’ve mapped out the rest of the series which allows Ethan to indulge in one on one’s, menage and witness a bit of female/female.

 

What is your writing style?  Do you just sit down and write or do you create

 

With all my writing it’s been pretty much a mixture of planning and getting it all down on paper first. However I don’t think one story or play has ever followed the exact plan. I think you have to go with instinct and if something comes up while you’re writing then go with it, it may change the plan slightly but you’ll get a much more realistic story.

As for words, I like to get 3,000 down a day.

 

Who is the "Writing Muse" in your life? I.E. who gets your juices flowing when

 

In the world of erotic writing I do like Lucy Felthouse. She seems to have her finger in all pies within the genre and on the pulse of what readers want. She also treats it as a business.

 

How many novels have you written including all work in progresses you are currently working on?

 

I write then let the stories hibernate. Elloras Cave have contracted two, ‘Sex Comedy’ which is out now and ‘Play Around With Me’ which is the start of a sports series – sweaty changing rooms and steamy showers!!! I have three written waiting for me to go back to and edit and I’m planning out two full length novels.

 

In other genres I’ve written about 3 plays and ghostwritten numerous books.

 

Who is your "writing idol"? I.E. Who do you like and what is it about there writing that captures your soul?

 

I think it’s important to have idols in all genres. My reading is very vast but any writer who can make me gasp, laugh and want to turn the page. Shivers down the spine are great and of course who can resist being turned on by words?

 

What is you favorite plot line type?

A mystery combined with humour. An editor said my writing is ‘flat out fun and sexy’ – that’s great.

 

Is there any advice you can offer to anyone who would like to write?

Write. I was told to just write and it really is the best way. Find your genre, find what you love to read and plan a story. Then write. Write every day even if you know its rubbish while you’re writing, you can always edit it out but it’s important to get those words down – it really is the only way you learn.

 

What is a good villain?

Sexy. Dangerous. Unpredictable. Someone you have to stay away from but somehow can’t. Think of all the best villains, they’re more fascinating than the goodies. It’s the naughty boy, the bad boy mothers warned us about. There has to be a real threat from them. I’d like to see more female villains, the sexy bitch.

 SexComedy_HiRes


 

‘Sex Comedy’ by Trilby Palmer, out now: http://www.ellorascave.com/sex-comedy.html

When Ethan lands an audition to appear alongside Hollywood’s latest sex siren, he can hardly believe his luck. Cameron Roberts is out to prove her worth as a stage actor in the sex comedy, Blondes Get Dirty Quicker. According to his agent, all Ethan has to do is roll around in bed with Cameron, naked, every night for a week, in front of a packed audience. Ethan learns there’s a lot more to the job—and to the leading lady—than he ever imagined. Good thing he’s well equipped for his role.

Reader Advisory: This story has graphic sexual language and scenes—no closed bedroom doors (or other rooms) here!

 

Excerpt:

“You okay?” Ethan asked.

“Yes. Thank you for that, though I could have…” She stopped and seemed to think. “No, I mean thank you, I was going to say I could have handled it myself but obviously I wasn’t.”

“What did he want?”

“Action. Because he gets to chase me round the stage every night in my underwear he thinks I’m as easy offstage.”

“Bastard!”

Cameron didn’t seem that perturbed by the ordeal. “Hey, he’s right, I am. I like a quickie as much as the next girl but I get to choose my fucks; they don’t choose me.” She massaged her wrists. “Thank you again.” She smiled but he saw tears spring into the corners of her eyes. Quickly she wiped them away, more embarrassed by this than being rescued.

“You sure you’re okay?”

Her face crumpled and Ethan saw the actress from some back town, not a Hollywood sex goddess. She sank her face into her hands and shook. Ethan stepped forward and she leaned into him, took his comforting hug. They stood there, quiet for a few minutes, Ethan looking out over the theater.

She looked up at him. “Sorry, guess I’m tired. Guys don’t like him don’t normally bother me but now and again you just need a hug.”

“Any time.”

“You’re quite a guy, Ethan Dwight. The reason your role is cast every week is because guys who get to roll round with me in the sack end up thinking like Roger. I don’t pick you as that kind.”

“It’s just a job,” he said then realized that was harsh. “Not just a job, it’s more than…”

She laughed. “It’s just a job and you keep thinking like that and you’ll be a safe bet for many leading ladies.” She paused. “Have you had many?”

“Leading ladies? You’re my first. I’ve only had small parts up ’til now.”

“Talking of small parts, does this actor ever rest?” She patted his erection through his jeans. Playing the action hero had kept his erection alive and hungry.

“Now and again.”

“I’ve only seen him on stage but he seems like a cute guy.”

Cameron leaned into him, tilting her head towards him. “I’m choosing,” she whispered and kissed him. This was no stage kiss, but delicate, her lips flitting across his. He felt her fingers on his belt and his jean buttons pop. She tasted sweet, hot, and she bit his lip as she plunged her hand down, grabbing his dick in her slim fingers. She pulled back once or twice, ran her fingers up and down his length, the confines of his jeans adding a thrill. She let his top lip go. She nibbled on his lower lip, left to right and pumped his cock. He could feel the rings on her fingers.

 

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...