Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The long cold walk home

Well yesterday all that New Yorkers have feared happened. Yep the STRIKE came upon us and let me tell you it was a crazy day. I’ve been staying at a family member’s house - with no internet access but boy that it is a whole different story - since the weekend waiting, then waiting to hear if the strike was really going to happen. Imagine now if you will my glee when on Monday there was subway and bus service. I practically danced to work. Then the next day I couldn’t stay up anymore so I went to sleep then got up on the cold Tuesday morning to hear there was no bus or subway service. Well since I’ve been in New York for a number of years and considered I can handle this like everything we’ve had happen over the last few year (heck for the blackout I walked out of Manhattan to my house so what if there was no subway or bus service). Well that was my second mistake. What was my first you may want to know?

Hah. The first was being that dutiful employee and deciding to go into to work. The third was thinking that due to the holidays people would be more kind to there fellow man. Although not everyone was rude and I did make a few new friends. Nothing like being stranded for hours to make you become close real fast. LOL. My fourth through 2 million (this is a small number I think there was at least double that) was going out into the mad house with 1,999,999 others who also decided to go to work. By the time I was done for the day then finally got home I decided I wasn’t going anywhere again until the strike was done.

Please I’m such a sucker. I’m back at work again today with freezing unmentionable body parts to prove of my trek. Oh Joy I still have the walk home to appreciate my stupidity.

But no matter what I had to go through to get home. I’m in love with New York and at least I get a scenic route home to see and appreciate the place I live in.

Taige

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...