Saturday, February 03, 2007

Stronger than Yesterday

My mother (may she rest in peace) had a saying she always used to tell me when I asked why has such or such happened, if I had a tough choice to make, or I’d made a choice and wondered if it was the right one. “Everything happens for a reason Taige.” She would tell me in that distinct voice of her’s. When I was younger my impatience would get the better of me and I used to say I want to know what the reason is now. LOL.

As I grew older I saw the wisdom of what she said. In these lasts few weeks I have been shaken up out of my complacency and stepped outside my comfort zone. As a writer being happy with just the status quo is a dangerous thing. You should be versatile and willing to change. I came to some hard truths. I couldn’t believe I had let myself become that way. I like to challenge myself push the boundaries I set for myself and go even further than those boundaries. Hell I do that whenever I write a word on a page why would I settle for less in any other way. I was shocked that I had then I set out to fix it. I took time to sit down and think of where I was and where I want to go. Then planned for it and went after where I want to be.

With what I am doing I know that status quo is no longer acceptable for me. I’m going back to the old Taige and push the boundaries, Hell I plan to smash them into little bits then burn them.

So with that being said I can say today. I am much stronger than yesterday.

Taige

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...