Saturday, August 18, 2012

Snippet Saturday – Lean on Me

blog-header-option2


Today’s snippet theme is Lean on Me. Enjoy a look from one of my books.

godstyletemptation_msr_smallAn snippet from God Style Temptation

“But I didn’t count on you. The temptation that you would bring me. You made me hope. Hope that I could have an invincible man who would never leave me, but then you told me about your wife dying. Yes I know she chose to save your son, but I couldn’t take the chance. I fooled myself into believing it was just sex but it wasn’t. Isn’t. I can’t take it if you die on me, Nigel, but I can’t live without you either. It’s like you died anyway. In here.” She pressed her hand over her heart.

Nigel put his hand over hers and shook his head. “Ah queinlos, we all must live the life we have now. I can’t promise you that nothing will happen to me but I can promise that even if I die I will always find you.”

Aurora looked into his eyes. “I love you, Nigel.”

The look on his face was priceless. She laughed and he joined her.

He sobered and his gaze was intense. “I love you, Aurora, my queinlos.”

Nigel gaze shifted pass her shoulder. Aurora followed his gaze and gasped. There was a breathtakingly lovely woman standing in the doorway leading to the garden. Her hair hung around her in inky black curls and her eyes were rich amber. Aurora could see the garden through the door through her. Aurora knew she was looking at the ghost of Nigel’s deceased wife Zarlu. The woman smiled, gave them a thumbs up and then she was gone.

Looking back at Nigel she saw the soft smile on his face. He looked at her and she saw the peace and love shining in his eyes. He leaned in and kissed her. Sinking into his kiss Aurora felt the hunger she always felt when he touched her, rush to consume her. Nigel murmured against her lips. Still holding her in his arms he walked toward the door to the gardens. Stepping outside he strode down the path and around the corner of the house. Stopping he lowered her to a bed of flowers and kneeled between her widespread thighs.

As she lay on them Aurora inhaled their sweet scent. Over Nigel’s shoulder she could see the snow covering the ground a little distance away from the house. The gardens and around the house were bright and warm from the sun.

Nigel was waiting for her to look at him.

Reaching up she cupped his cheek. “Make love to me.”

Copyright © Taige Crenshaw, 2008.
All Rights Reserved, Ellora’s Cave.


Go to the following sites to check out these other great authors snippets:
Megan Hart:Read in bed!
Leah Braemel
Eliza Gayle
Mandy M Roth
Lissa Matthews
Mari Carr
McKenna Jeffries
Myla Jackson
Taige Crenshaw
HelenKay Dimon
Lauren Dane
TJ Michaels
Delilah Devlin
Jody Wallace

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...