Monday, May 05, 2014

Ink Motions with Leigh Ellwood

tcinkmotions-sm3

 

whoo

 

I am Leigh Ellwood. I write smutty stories about people who like getting naked and having sex. Some have more sex than others, some have sex with people of the same gender, some have sex with more than one person, and still others have sex with toys and things that require the use of batteries. My stories range from a few thousand words to well past 70k. The book list link above breaks everything down for you – genre, length, and other attributes. My books are available at Amazon, B&N, Smashwords, Kobo, and ARe. Really, just type my name in any bookstore site and something is bound to show up. I prefer ARe as a vendor because they rock, but feel feel to buy my books anywhere you like.

 

 

http://www.leighellwood.com

http://twitter.com/LeighEllwood

http://www.facebook.com/LeighEllwoodAuthor

 

How do you get an idea for your novel?

Ideas for stories come in different ways. I might see something on the news and expand it into a story, or I’ll see something when I’m out shopping and wonder what would happen if a person did this or that. My next story, A DIFFERENT CLASS, came about when I received news of my high school reunion. With recent stories of bullying in schools, I thought about a person who was bullied being invited to his reunion, and I worked from there.

 

What is your writing style?  Do you just sit down and write or do you create character sketches, outlines, or notes?

It depends on the story. For standalone stories I tend to wing it. If I know something will be a series I will keep profiles on people and places. For mysteries and stories with structure, I may outline the work but I don’t always stick to the outline. Sometimes, too, I just write free.

 

Who is the "Writing Muse" in your life? I.E. who gets your juices flowing when you are blocked?

When I get blocked I put on some music. Talking Heads, The Who, Rush, Genesis…eventually one of them loosens a screw and I get back to work.

 

How many novels have you written including all work in progresses you are currently working on?

I have about eight full-length novels, and many many stories and novellas available. In June I release my novella SUGAR RUSH from Ellora’s Cave, and I’m working on a serial romance and another novella for EC after that.

 

Who is your "writing idol"? I.E. Who do you like and what is it about there writing that captures your soul?

I grew up reading humorists. Lewis Grizzard, Erma Bombeck, Dave Barry… Sometimes you need to laugh and I found reading their work helped me through some rough times.

 

What is you favorite plot line type?

I like a number of tropes – hero returns to small town, fish out of water scenarios. I’ve written a few of them.

 

Is there any advice you can offer to anyone who would like to write?

Write, and write some more. Make the time, and write what you enjoy.

 

What is a good villain?

A good villain is realistic – one who offers solid motivation for his actions. He/she has a history of hurt or revenge, and while you might not empathize with him/her, you should understand everything.

 ADifferentClass3_500x750


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A DIFFERENT CLASS by Leigh Ellwood

Available in May from Decadent Publishing

Amazon - https://www.allromanceebooks.com/storeSearch.html?sortBy=recentlyAdded&searchBy=author&qString=leigh+ellwood

BN - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/leigh-ellwood

ARe - https://www.allromanceebooks.com/storeSearch.html?sortBy=recentlyAdded&searchBy=author&qString=leigh+ellwood

Decadent – http://www.decadentpublishing.com

© Leigh Ellwood

 

“Mr. Maloney?”

“Who is calling?”

The voice—deep and rich, anything but a mumble, intimidated Glenn. Maybe the guy had been a jock, a several-feet-wide football player who helped the school win the championship that year. Glenn hadn’t attended many games and skipped homecoming…showed what he remembered about that. “Um,” suddenly he forgot why he called, “I’m representing the reunion committee of the Franklin D. Roosevelt High School Class of 2004. You can probably guess the big tenth is coming up—”

“You know what, I’m going to save you the sales pitch,” Mumbles Maloney interrupted. “I don’t know who you are, and I don’t give a shit. It’s taken me a long time to get past all the crap I put up with in high school, and if you think I’m going to show up at some rented ballroom all smiling as though the hell you assholes you put me through never happened, forget it.”

What? The man’s anger surged through Glenn and sped up his heartbeat. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean—”

“Fuck you, fuck FDR High, and fuck every last piece of shit homophobe in that backwater town. I hope you all get cancer.”

Click.

Beth burst into the room, waving a thick tome with a scaly blue cover. “Found it,” she chirped.

“Never mind,” Glenn muttered, and pushed away from the desk. Mumbles Maloney’s palpable rage lingered in the quiet of the small office, invoking a sense of doom in an otherwise dull place. Glenn doubted he’d forget that voice for a long while. The man obviously had pent-up issues with his former schoolmates, yet for all the vitriol burning through the airwaves and sizzling in the veins, Glenn couldn’t help but think that Mumbles was…well…

Sexy.

 

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...