Monday, March 09, 2015

Ink Motions with Gail Kroger

tcinkmotions-sm3



July 2014  pictures and me and the tshirt 005I was a 9-1-1 dispatcher for thirty-one years and to keep insanity at bay, I took up writing. Not to worry. The insanity isn’t catching – much. Other than the addiction to chocolate and the twitch in my left eye, I’m good.

Blurb for Vexing Voss:
For Voss, a Coletti Warlord, conquering the universe is a piece of cake. After all, he's a master of psychic seduction; no one can resist him when he sets his mind to it.

Zoey Jones is determined to find her mother's killer. Surrendering to a fierce Coletti warrior is the last thing on her mind. When Voss is determined to make Zoey his mate, she unleashes her own brand of whoop-ass to discourage his pursuit. When her clever disguises, skunk perfume, stun gun, and smoke bombs fail to stop the ruthless warlord, she's forced to negotiate her surrender: she would mate with him if he would help her find her mother's killer.

To Zoey's surprise, Voss agrees, and the hunt is on. Their quest to bring the villain to justice leads to unlikely alliances in an interplanetary war, and more surprisingly, to love.

 


BEHIND THE SCENE LOOK AT VEXING VOSS
by
Gail Koger
Hey, I'll admit it. Sex scenes are not my forte, but I had to up my heat level for Vexing Voss. I took a vow of celibacy when I was thirteen and pretty much suck at all the intimate details. You know? What goes where. Okay, you can stop laughing now. Geez. I may have exaggerated a tiny bit.

I saw my first naked guy in jail. No, I wasn't arrested. I worked for the Glendale Police Department and part of my duties included prisoner checks. Yeah, that's right. I had to go in the stinky cells and make sure everyone of our "guests" were still breathing. So much fun. This moron had decided to stuff his pants down the toilet, and of course, he went commando. He turned and proudly displayed his Mister Dinky. I'm thinking, this is what all the fuss is about? Since the judge had a strict dress code in his court, numb nuts got to wear his water soaked pants to his arraignment. Hey, we didn't have jumpsuits back then.

Because of my lack of practical experience, I had to research what makes a smoking hot love scene. The local prostitutes were a bust. They took their johns into a corn field. How romantic is that?

Luckily, I discovered my neighbors. Now when I need something new, all I have to do is go out in my backyard and wait. My neighbor and his current girlfriend are pretty frisky in the pool. Their lusty screams set off every dog in the neighborhood and I pick up pointers from their unusually athletic sexual positions. No, I am not a Peeping Tom. It's research.

Voss, the Overlord's Battle Commander, was determined to make Zoey his mate. She was equally determined it was never going to happen. When her clever disguises, skunk perfume, stun gun, smoke bombs and tranquillizer darts failed to stop him, she was forced to negotiate her surrender.

Their mating scene had to be perfect. But how? Voss was one very frustrated male and Zoey still mourned her lost love. Add in Voss's unique man parts and you're heading for a disaster of epic proportions. I decided to use humor to defuse the situation.

“Wait! Can I see it first?”

Voss sat Zoey on the counter. “See it?”

“You know, your snake penis thingy.”

He stared at her for a long moment and then nodded. “Yes, you may examine my thingy.” He removed his weapons belt, boots, and battle suit.

Wowzers, he had one fine ass. Tight. Muscled.

Voss turned.

His chest was so ripped, she wanted to lick every inch of it. Zoey's eyes bugged out. Holy guacamole! A slit had opened in Voss's abdomen, and out it slid. His penis was snakelike with a frill of tentacles around the top. Kinda freaky.

“Freaky?” The Battle Commander’s voice was a low growl.

Oh hell! Zoey had forgotten the cardinal rule. Never, ever make fun of a guy’s penis. “No need to get all snarky. I was just a little…uh…surprised. Can I touch it?”

“Yes.” The snake stopped, and the copper-colored frill opened and closed almost as if it was scenting the air.

 

VexingVoss002_2


Excerpt from Vexing Voss:

“My fierce little warrior.” He mouth devoured mine.
My stomach growled loudly, and I broke the kiss. “Sorry.”
Grinning, Voss shifted me in his arms and pointed with his chin. “Your meal awaits you.”
I stared in amazement at the table. A vase of copper-colored flowers graced the snowy white cloth. The heated plate held a Spanish omelet, toast, and hash browns.
“Aw, you brought me my favorite breakfast.”
“I take care of what belongs to me,” Voss responded, carrying me over to the table.
“How utterly romantic,” I muttered as he sat me on the chair.
“What did you expect, sugar tits? I’m a warlord.”
I gaped at him in astonishment. “Sugar tits?”
“Sugar tits is a proper Earth endearment, is it not?”
Holy hell, he was teasing me. I nodded solemnly. “If I was a hooker.”
“As snookums is a proper endearment for a small yappy dog, not a warlord.”
“Point made,” I said with a laugh. “Okay, how about honey buns?”
Voss gave me an affronted look. “I think not.”
“What do you want me to call you?”
All arrogant Battle Commander, he answered, “Voss or sir will do.”
“Uh-huh.” I hastily shoveled a forkful of eggs into my mouth before I could say something I would regret. I reached for my glass of juice and shot a glance at him.
Voss stared hungrily at my breasts.
Swallowing hard, I cleared my throat and squeaked, “You look like you want to eat me.”
“I do. Every inch of you.”
Heat pooled in my belly. “Oh.”
An implacable harshness settled over his features. “But duty calls.”
“Bummer.”
“Exactly.” Voss pointed to a silky black tunic, leggings, and boots lying on the bed. “Once you have eaten, put those on and come to the meeting chamber.”
Great. He was back to being the bossy prick. “Why?”
“Because I command it.” His voice was a purr of menace.
Yeah, like that was going to work. Stuffing more egg in my mouth, I chewed slowly, trying to ignore the merciless predator standing a foot away.
His breath hissed out. “Akeem wants to meet my mate, and he has very traditional views on females.”
“In other words, he’s a male chauvinist pig who thinks females are only good for sex, blood, and making babies.”
A growl rumbled in his chest. “You will treat him with respect.”
I searched Voss’s memories. Akeem headed the Togan clan and was one of Zarek’s most trusted advisors. “Gotcha. Dumb as a rock and mute as well.”
“I expect you to behave as a proper mate would,” the big guy snapped in exasperation.
Oh dear God, he did not just say that. I assumed my timid-mouse demeanor and answered meekly, “As my lord commands.”
“Zoey!”
I let out a terrified sob and cried, “Yes, my lord?”
He pinched the bridge of his nose as if he suddenly had a headache. “Eat your breakfast and please join me in the meeting chamber.”
Oh my God, he had used the P word! “I’ll do you proud, my love.”
A smile touched his hard mouth. “That endearment I can live with.” He kissed my forehead, and poof! He was gone.
Getting the big guy to treat me as an equal was going to be an uphill battle. One I wasn’t sure I’d win.

Buy link for Vexing Voss:
http://www.loose-id.com/authors/g-k/gail-koger.html

Contact Information:
https://www.facebook.com/Colettiwarlordbooks
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1598719.Gail_Koger
www.gailkoger.com

2 comments:

Suzanne Rothchild said...

Buy it, you'll like it, but it should come with a bold lettered black box warning:
READING THIS MAY ADDICT YOU TO COLETTI WARLORDS!
MAY BE ADDICTING, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

yYeah, I admit it, I read it, and then read REALITY BITES, and sigh, I am addicted. I cannot wait for the next book JUST DESSERTS.

Rhonda Jones said...

I loved Vexing Voss!

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...