Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Rhythm Maker

tcrhythmmakerI have a few things I call myself (some I can even share in public. LOL). One of those things I think of myself as is a Rhythm Maker.

There is a subtle rhythm that beats when you read. One you probably don’t even notice.

From the first word of any book, you read it pulls you in and takes you on a journey. Each step gives you various beat that resonate within you. That first blush of meeting and the little catch that you get when you read it. The foray of the characters as they do that dance of seduction that keeps your heart racing as you wonder will or won’t they give into that chemistry. Then when they do you your pulse skyrockets with each kiss, caress and thrust as they come together. After you, continue with them on the journey of their affair. The up rhythms of them getting to know each other better after each of their sexual encounters. You laugh at their antics that makes your body move in time with them. That little sound you make as something they do pleases you. The humph as they act the fool. The sway as you enjoys the journey that makes you go up then down and all around with the characters of the story. When an obstacle comes and you clench your fist while your heart breaks, with them as you wonder how can they fix this and the tears fall with the person most devastated after the black moment. When ultimately they triumph over their issues to overcome it all to be together—your soul rejoices and you love it. Joy spread through you making your pulse race. Once done you exhale and that dance is done, at least until the next time you pick up another book.

All books have rhythms that pull you in and brings you within the pages of the story. One that is individual as each of you. No two rhythms you feel are the same. Heck when you reread the book the rhythm changes. I love reading books and how it makes the rhythm of my soul move. And this is what I work for when I write. A rhythm that will resonate in a reader. Make them become part of the fabric of the dance I am creating in my story.

Enjoy the rhythms as the story progresses with the up beats of their dance of seductions then go with the back beat of many rhythms that drives the story to the completion. Embrace the pulse within your soul as I did when I brought their story to life to share with you. I’ve been called everything from writer, author, storyteller and everything in between. I am all those things and so much more. Of all the names I’m called I like to call myself … Rhythm Maker.

Note: This has been posted as guest blogs a few placed on the web. :) But I haven't actually made it a blog post until now. There is a page that has this too. :)

More about What is Writerly

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...