Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Thanksgiving Memory

This holiday brings back many memories of others past. When my mom was alive we would be cooking up a storm for the holidays. She would get excited with the holidays. It does bring a little tear to my eye when I think of her but also a smile. This was her fav time of year and she liked to spread the holiday cheer around.

I remember one holiday when we all went to my uncle’s house. Before we went they had a debate on who could make the best carrot cake, so my Mom made one and my uncle made one. The family members in attendance were the judges whose was the best. We had the better end of the competition getting to eat all that great cakes. Of course there was tie. Our family knew better than to declare an actual winner since it meant more bake off’s for future holidays. (wink)

Those who hadn’t come that year were sorry when they found out what they missed. Each year after that we had almost every family member there. LOL. Lots of good eating, fun, and chatting. Ahh… a good memory.

What are some of your Thanksgiving memories?

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...