Saturday, September 17, 2011

Snippet Saturday - Important Date

blog-header-option2

Today’s snippet theme is Important Date. Enjoy a look from one of my books.

An snippet from Body Cravings

bodycravings1Jacques pulled back and put his forehead against hers. “Want to play hooky?” He said it in a singsong voice.

“Let me get my bag,” Amara replied in the same tone.

She got her bag and coat. Jacques helped her into it. He pulled her hair from below the collar, trailing his finger from the edge of her hairline down until the coat stopped him.

Moaning, Amara asked, “What did my sister say to you?” Amara groaned as he kissed the top of her head. She viewed him expectantly.

“She threatened to unman me if I hurt you.” Jacques chuckled.

Amara glanced at the door, then back at him. “What’s funny about that?”

Jacques made a rude noise. “The idea she could do such a thing.”

Amara reached down and put her hand inside his jacket, stroking his cock through his slacks. Jacques’ eyes heated. She leaned against him and kissed him thoroughly.

Pulling away, she raised an eyebrow. “I wouldn’t underestimate my sister if I were you. But you don’t have to worry about her.” She released him and walked away.

“Why?”

Amara looked at him over her shoulder. “If you hurt me, the pleasure of unmanning you will be all mine.”

Jacques mouth fell open in shock before amusement filled his gaze. He walked over to her and put his hand around her waist. “You don’t have to worry about that. I won’t hurt you.” He kissed her briefly before leading her out the door.

Fifteen minutes later, Amara stood in front of the store at 18 Lauioe Square and studied the display. She glared playfully at Jacques. “I can’t believe I let you talk me into this. I’ve lived in this area, been in this area many times and never seen this place. How the heck did you find out about it?”

“A friend.” Jacques pulled her toward the door.

Standing her ground, she asked. “What friend?” Amara winced as she heard the jealousy in her tone.

Jacques was amused. He kissed her on the nose. “No need to be jealous.” He pulled her into him and kissed her thoroughly before drawing back to met her gaze. “Although I like you being possessive, it was a male friend. He said they had some beautiful pieces.”

Amara glanced past him at the window again. The female mannequin was draped in a see-through, short magenta camisole and tap pants. There was fine gold embroidery detailing on the outfit, making it shimmer and tantalize. It aptly went with Tantalize, the name of the store that was in discreet gold script. Usually she bought her lingerie from Unveiled—a bigger store that had some beautiful things as well—as it wasn’t too far from where her offices were on Caspain Avenue. Unveiled had various in-house designers who made what they sold. You could get custom pieces or buy off the rack.

She focused back on him. “I’ve heard of them and always meant to check them out but never found the time. If I’d known they were so close to my house I would have been here sooner.” Amara rubbed her hands together as she stared back at the window of Tantalize. “What are you waiting for? Let’s go.”

She laced fingers with his, pulling him into the store. Amara stopped inside the doorway, taking in the plush chairs and wide array of lingerie. From what she had heard of Tantalize, they had an in-house designer who made everything. All the pieces were unique and the quality was superb. With brisk steps, she walked over to a floor-length peignoir. Amara touched the fine silk. She loved sexy things.

Jacques’ voice came from behind her. “You would be sexy in that.”

She smiled seductively. “So would you.”

Jacques laughed. Amara picked it up in burnt orange and continued to look around. Jacques took it and, as she picked up more things, she handed them to him. He followed behind her patiently. When she asked him his opinion, he nodded or shook his head.

Amara reached for another piece, turning to hand it to him. When she saw the pile of things in his hands, she grinned sheepishly. “Umm … sorry.”

Jacques laughed. “I love to see you shop. Don’t you want anything else?”

Amara stared longingly at the two-piece pajama set across the room. She shook her head. “No. Let’s check out and go.” She put her hand around his waist, walking with him to the front of the store. “Thanks for being so patient.”

Jacques gazed at her, his expression sizzling. “My pleasure.”

Amara laughed. “Most men would have run screaming by now.”

Jacques dumped the items on the counter. He put his hands around her waist. “I’m not most men.”

He kissed her softly. Amara shifted and glanced at the man behind the counter.

Reaching into her bag for her purse, she was stopped by Jacques’ hand on her arm. She looked up at him. He was handing the man a credit card.

“Jacques—” she started to protest, but he put his finger over her lips.

“Shh… I’m paying. Now say, thank you, Jacques.”

She glared at him. He leaned down and she snapped her teeth at him. He jerked back, laughing. His other arm came up to encircle her. “Now is that any way to say thank you?”

Amara chuckled. “I’ll thank you later.”

Copyright © Taige Crenshaw, 2008.
All Rights Reserved, Liquid Silver Books.


Go to the following sites to check out these other great authors snippets:

Anne Rainey
TJ Michaels
Mari Carr
McKenna Jeffries
Myla Jackson
Taige Crenshaw
Lauren Dane
HelenKay Dimon
Vivian Arend
Shelli Stevens
Shiloh Walker

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...