Saturday, March 02, 2013

Snippet Saturday – Holding Out For A Heroine

blog-header-option2


Today’s snippet theme is Holding Out For A Heroine. Enjoy a look from one of my books.

An snippet from Indigo Rain

Her heart raced, although it wasn’t his eyes’ colour that caught her. No, it was the look of cool calculation in his stare. Struggling to breathe, she heard someone come up behind her. She turned slightly to see Christos come in but still kept the man in her line of sight. Kalina flicked her hand, materialising her baton.

Seeing Christos’ expressionless face, she said coldly, “I’m not working with him.”

“Why not? I’ve never even met you.” The man spoke with a smooth, sweet baritone tickling along her senses.

Kalina gave the man resting on the wall her whole attention. “Because you’re a fucking Firebird.”

“You’re a fucking Amazonian Warrior. I should be the one who doesn’t want to work with you.” He shrugged. “And I don’t have a problem with it.”

Kalina stiffened at the insult. She narrowed her eyes, seeing him quirk his lips in response. She tightened her grip on her baton, she thought of throwing it. She marked the place where she wanted to plant it, Kalina stilled herself, trying to calm down. The man, seeing her intent, smirked and she moved her hand before her brain registered the motion. She flung the baton with all her power. He never changed expression as his hand flashed out and caught it with apparent ease. He looked at the baton, then back at her.

“Kalina!” Christos hissed.

Refusing to look at Christos, she kept her attention on the man.

“Leave us,” he ordered without looking at Christos.

With surprise, she heard Christos back out and leave without a word. She’d never known the director to defer to anyone. She stood silently as he flowed in the boneless motion only shifters possessed. He came to stand right in front of her, and Kalina refused to look away from his calm gaze.

“Do you know who I am?” The purr in his voice had a challenging lilt.

Kalina stiffened, saying nothing. She knew who he was, although she had gone out of her way to not get anywhere near him. The man shot a hand out, gripping her chin before she could move.

He remained focused on her, a slight smile on his face. “Say my name, Kalina.”

She refused to give him the satisfaction.

His indigo eyes lit with flames. “Ah, a stubborn one. I like stubborn women.”

Kalina jerked away and glared at him in contempt. “No one told me Ryne Garon thought with his cock.”

The man chuckled. “So, you do know my name.” He leaned into her. “I don’t think with my cock. If I did, I would have you across the table with my dick buried deep inside of you by now. So deep your nails would make me bloody. ” He shrugged. “Then again, I just might do that.”

Kalina stilled the shudder of lust that filled her.

He won’t fool me. It doesn’t matter that being near him turns me on.

Copyright © Taige Crenshaw, 2013.
All Rights Reserved, Total-E-Bound


Go to the following sites to check out these other great authors snippets:
Leah Braemel
Caris Roane
Eliza Gayle
McKenna Jeffries
Selena Blake
Taige Crenshaw
Delilah Devlin
Felicity Heaton
HelenKay Dimon
TJ Michaels
Shiloh Walker
Lissa Matthews
Myla Jackson
Lauren Dane

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...