Monday, April 14, 2014

Ink Motions with Tanith Davenport

tcinkmotions-sm3-300x172

Welcome to Tanith Davenport


I have been writing for ten years and first got into erotic romance through the Romantic Novelists' Association New Writer's Scheme; they critiqued my debut novel "The Hand He Dealt", which was published in June 2011 and was nominated for the Joan Hessayon Award.

I live in Yorkshire with my husband and two extremely bratty tuxedo cats. When I'm not writing I spend my time watching horror movies, listening to rock music, travelling to new places and trying out new restaurants.

Contact:


tanithdavenport.com

www.facebook.com/TanithDavenport

www.twitter.com/TanithDavenport

Interview:


How do you get an idea for your novel?


Absolutely anything can suggest a plot, although I admit to the old cliché of it coming to me in a dream quite a lot. I dream very vividly and as a result a lot of my stories have their basis in one dream or another.

What is your writing style? Do you just sit down and write or do you create character sketches, outlines, or notes?


I’m a planner – if I don’t know what’s coming next I’ll just stare at the screen all day. I make notes for each section the night before I write it and then develop it from there.

Who is the "Writing Muse" in your life? I.E. who gets your juices flowing when you are blocked?


Music, generally – not any one particular artist. I often find rock music to be inspiring, but my song choices can be remarkably random.

How many novels have you written including all work in progresses you are currently working on?


I have three novels, one novella and four shorts published, and am currently working on two more novellas and a short which I hope to be the first part of a series. My most recent novel Photograph is currently on pre-order from Totally Bound.

Who is your "writing idol"? I.E. Who do you like and what is it about their writing that captures your soul?


It’s hard to pick just one person. I’m a great fan of Lauren Oliver – she always manages to bring out emotions in her writing – but also Jane Austen, who I will never tire of.

What is your favorite plot line type?


As an erotic romance writer I obviously enjoy romantic plotlines, but specifically I like ones in which a strong woman meets her match in a strong man. I can’t stand excessively ditzy heroines.

Is there any advice you can offer to anyone who would like to write?


Finish the book! I meet so many people who have started writing something and get discouraged before the end. Once you’ve finished one, you know you can write another – it’s the biggest hurdle to overcome.

What is a good villain?


One who is three-dimensional – people who are pointlessly nasty are difficult to believe in. I got a lot of good feedback for the character Reed in I Heard Your Voice, an arrogant celebrity medium (based on no-one in particular, I hasten to add) who was capable of being very charismatic but also very cruel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
photograph_800


She wanted him. Her sister married him.

Tara Thornton hasn’t spoken to her sister in two years, ever since Azure married the man of Tara’s dreams. Tired of the rift, Azure invites her to take a Mediterranean cruise on a friend’s yacht and, bowing to family pressure, Tara accepts.

Forced to be in close proximity with the man she still desires, Tara is thrown into confusion. The presence of celebrity theme park owner Liam Wilder and the reality of his marriage to Azure sends Tara into a tailspin and, in an attempt to regain control, she responds to the advances of hot fellow guest Ryan Hyde, while determined to feel no affection for him.

But Ryan has a way of getting under her skin, and Tara’s plan to get closer to Liam is rapidly losing its importance as Ryan begins to break down her defences. Can she let go of Liam, let Ryan into her heart… and tell Azure the real reason for her silence?

Excerpt:


By reading any further, you are stating that you are at least 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, please exit this site.

It wasn’t going to be fine. It was going to be hell.

She had been standing in front of the bedroom window for fifteen minutes, staring out over the grounds, unable to drag herself away. Usually the sight of the swaying trees, the flower beds dotted about the lawn, calmed her. Not today. It was physically impossible for her to relax.
Everything around her drove her crazy. The carpet made her feet itch. The ceiling fan’s gentle whomp seemed twice as loud as usual. She had tried lying on the four-poster bed and had found herself obsessively picking threads in the curtains. Nothing could settle her.
“You’re panicking, aren’t you?”
Liam’s voice behind her brought her back to her senses.
Azure turned to see her husband closing the door behind him.
Click.
“I know I’m being silly.”
Liam shook his head, crossing the room towards her as he spoke, “You’re not. But I think you need something to draw your attention away… Right?” On that last word he cocked his head to one side, a wicked glint in his eye.
Azure felt a slow smile kink her lips as she recognised his mood.
Something to draw her attention, indeed.
“Is this something I should be naked for, maybe?”
Liam arched an eyebrow. “I think that might help.”
Holding his gaze, Azure slowly lifted the edge of her top up and over her face. She deliberately took her time, keeping her hands above her head for as long as possible, letting him absorb the view.
When she finally threw the garment on the floor, Liam had taken a step closer, the smile gone from his face to be replaced by a flush of desire.
There was something about him when he was in this mood. His blue eyes would glow, his cheekbones seeming to sharpen, his muscles taut with lust. His curly blond hair was even messier than usual—he liked to run his hands through it when he was thinking. Even though he was wearing most of a suit—shirt and trousers, no tie and for some reason, no shoes or socks—he gave the impression of an attractive, yet nutty professor.
And he was looking at her as though he wanted to ravish her.
She was barefoot—her jeans met no resistance as they fell to the floor. Azure paused in front of him, dressed in nothing but a lacy blue bra and knickers, and twirled on the spot.
“It’s new. Do you like it?”
Liam’s voice was low. “Oh, I like it.”
The roughness in his voice made her gut clench. Azure unfastened her bra and threw it across the room where it landed to land on the mirror. The air in the room was cool on her skin—her nipples tightened under Liam’s gaze.
“You’re beautiful.” The words were scarcely above a whisper, and yet they sent a thrill to Azure’s heart.
Turning away from him, she hooked her fingers into the waistband of her knickers. He always liked to see her bottom—she liked to show it off. She lowered the silk underwear, bending as she did so, feeling a deep flush colour her skin as her pussy was exposed to him.
God, she was wet already.
As she turned back to face him, kicking her knickers aside, the look in his eyes was almost feral. She moved to stand in front of him then dropped to her knees, before reaching up to unfasten the button on his trousers.
I love doing this. I love it.
The musky scent of him, the anticipated taste and the sense of power were going to her head. She shifted on her knees as her desire sent a jolt of pleasure to her core.

 Purchase PHOTOGRAGH


 

Thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

Tanith Davenport said...

Thanks for having me on here!

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...