Monday, April 21, 2014

Ink Motions with Chandra Ryan

tcinkmotions-sm3-300x172

 

The story of romance

 

“So? How did you two meet?”

It’s pretty much the standard opening to the conversation after people have decided you and your significant other are serious about each other. It’s fun to hear how people connected. And it helps to hear other people’s awkward first date stories. Because, let’s face it, we all have them.

What was mine?

I was working as a waitress. No, not in a cocktail lounge. Sorry. That song gets stuck in my head every time I tell this story. Anyway. I was working as a waitress in a pizza place while I was going to college and there was this guy who would come in every once in awhile. And I totally felt a spark. So I did what any red-blooded American would do, I flirted with him shamelessly. But he didn’t seem to notice me. For years my affection went unreturned. And I almost gave up.

But one night he came in and I was wearing my college sweatshirt. He asked me if I was going to school there and that was where it started. Apparently he thought I was too young for him until then. That’s why he hadn’t flirted back. But now he knew I was college age. And after that we were inseparable. We were married in under a year. That was seventeen years ago this November.

As cute as the as that story is, it’s not where the romance is. That came later. In the days where he defended me to those who weren’t sure I measured up and the nights he checked all the rooms and closets because I could’ve sworn I heard something go bump

Attraction is good and it’s almost impossible to get to romance without it but it isn’t romance. Romance takes work. It takes effort. But no one ever asks about that part. Which is sad. It’s the most beautiful part of a relationship. And where as the meeting has a definite time frame, the romance goes on for as long as the two people are willing to work on their relationship. So maybe that’s why I write romance.

In my newest release, Subservience, there’s definite attraction. There’s a spark so hot that neither Parker nor Harlow can resist it. But that’s not where the story ends. That’s just the beginning. It’s going to take effort and sacrifice to get these two together. She’s the psychic captain of a prison transport ship and he’s a genetically enhanced soldier who once fought against the military she serves. The chips are pretty much stacked against them. But when disaster strikes her ship, The Tempest, they learn how far they’d for each other.

 extremecircumstances_msr


Subservience

Universal Defiance, Book Five
Harlow is a Subservient, created to serve the military’s needs. Even though her kind’s been freed and she’s managed to become a military captain, she still struggles with relating to humans, many of whom hate or fear her. So when a hot new navigator comes aboard her ship and she can’t stop imagining him naked above her, she has no idea how to handle the pleasurable distraction.
Parker is a genetically engineered soldier, modified to be the strongest, brightest and fastest. But not even he is strong enough to fight the pull between him and his new captain.
As their attraction grows and the affair deepens, they have to work together to stop a political coup. If they fail, Harlow will lose the ship she loves. Parker doesn’t know if she’s capable of sharing his feelings, but he’s willing to risk it all to protect her.


A Romantica® sci-fi erotic romance from Ellora’s Cave


 

If you’d like to read more you can find an excerpt on my website or on the Ellora’s Cave website:

www.ChandraRyan.com

http://www.ellorascave.com/subservience.html

Or you can download a sample on Amazon:

http://amzn.com/B00J2XAC2W

 

 

 

DSC_0267

Being from a rather nomadic family, Chandra Ryan loves to travel and meet people. But she’s found that sometimes, like when you’re stuck inside because of a good old-fashioned Southwestern heat wave, you have to make do. Fortunately for her and her loving family, who don’t like seeing her suffer from cabin fever, she’s found creating new people and places equally as fascinating. Also, you’re a lot less likely to spill your ice tea.


 

Website: www.ChandraRyan.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Author.ChandraRyan

Twitter: @ChandraRyan

 

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...