Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Ink Motions with ?Leela Lou Dahlin?

tcinkmotions-sm3

 

How do you get an idea for your novel?

I get them from everywhere. Watching people when I go to the store, television, news…ideas are everywhere. I’ll look at a couple and create a story for them and it’ll just branch out from there. My story “A Haught Date” started when I was working as a labor delivery nurse and there was a woman who had two boys and had delivered another but she didn’t make it. I’d always wondered about the little boy who’d been born that day and what his life would be like. This series is my tribute to them in a way.

 

What is your writing style?  Do you just sit down and write or do you create?

I’m big on outlining first. I start with the characters and figure out who they are and what they want then I move to the dark moment and resolution. After I have the blow up and the calm down it makes it easier to figure out the beginning of the story.

 

Who is the "Writing Muse" in your life? 

I don’t know if I have an actual Writing Muse. I love to write and I escape into the stories, but I do love shopping for characters (i.e. hot guys) on Pinterest. Looking at people just start stories in my head.

 

How many novels have you written including all work in progresses you are currently working on?

At this very moment I have one published “A Haught Date”, one in edits tentatively titled “Rumor Has It”, and I’ve turned in another that I’m waiting to hear back on. I have a lot of books planned and outlined so I’m looking forward to putting all the good information I’ve learned in previous edits on my new works.

 

Who is your "writing idol"? I.E. Who do you like and what is it about there writing that captures your soul?

I have so many favorites Barbara Freethy, Amy Lane, Shiloh Walker, Kendall Ryan, Abbi Glines, Daisy Harris, KA Mitchell, Jan Meredith, Robin Covington, Cathryn Fox just to name a few. I'm leaving so many people out and I'm so sorry. I like an emotional read. Something that pulls me into the story and makes me feel strongly for the characters. I want to stay up late to find out how the story ends and be a little sad that it’s over and my new friends are gone.

 

What is you favorite plot line type?

My favorite is older brother’s best friend with younger sister and mistaken identity. It doesn’t matter how many books I’ve read with this plot line I’ll buy it almost automatically if I see it.

 

Is there any advice you can offer to anyone who would like to write?

Just get started writing. You can take a couple of classes online, meet up with an author group, learn more about the craft or any other number of things but if you want to be a writer you have to start writing.

 

What is a good villain?


 A good villain is someone you know is doing the wrong thing but you feel for them because you know why they are doing it. Very few people are all good or all bad so a well written villain is a bit of both. When you can understand the villian’s point of view it becomes harder to dislike them even when you dislike what they are doing or their motives.

lld_a-haught-date_coversm


Blurb –

Gemmi Brooks was humiliated at the last family reunion when her boyfriend was found in bed with her cousin. With her self-esteem shaken, and to offset the pity party her family has been throwing in her honor, she invented the love of her life. Now the gig is up and she needs to find the boyfriend she’s told her family she’s been dating for the last 5 months.

 

Camden Haught, the sexy bachelor and bartender/owner of The Haught Spot, is always willing to help a woman in distress, so when the local heartthrob offers himself up to play the role as her boyfriend he can’t understand why she’s so resistant. As he tries to convince her he’s the right one for the position he finds himself wanting more.

 

Excerpt

 

“How do you like it?” he asked.

“However you want to give it to me,” she responded, still staring at the hard abs, smooth pecs, and sculpted arms. His laugh tugged at something deep in her belly.

“I like the way you think, but I meant what temperature do you want the shower?”

“Oh…very warm, but not hot.”

“How’s this?”

“Just like I like it,” she said as she stepped into the shower. She turned to watch him follow her, and the immense shower didn’t seem so big with him in it. She thought he was a vision regularly, but naked and wet was unquestionably the look for him.

A container on one of the walls held shampoo, body wash, and conditioner. The lemon-sage aroma saturated the air as he filled his hands with soap.

He rubbed her neck with the thick, clean-smelling fluid before moving down to her chest. She’d never felt so treasured. He gently moved over her body, touching here and there, but when he started on her back, she almost moaned. The pressure of his strokes released tension she hadn’t known she had in her shoulders, but another type of tension was building in other areas.

He washed down one leg to her foot and repeated on the other side. When he was done with the second foot, he placed it on the bench and resumed his place behind her. After washing her arms, he put his hands on her stomach. She was sorry she’d asked him to make the shower warm, because his showering routine made her temperature more than hot.

He moved one hand to her breast and the other between her legs. “Do you want to get clean, or do you want me to make this dirty?”

She could barely answer, as she was already trying arch into his touch. He was rubbing so softly and going around the spot she wanted him to rub the most.

“I love to hear your voice, Gemmi,” he murmured in her ear. “You have to answer the question. Clean or dirty? Which one will it be?”

“Dirty.” She wished her voice sounded as confident as his did. Hers was a whisper, but he must have heard it.

“That’s my girl.” He plucked her nipples with his slippery fingers and slid his other hand over her clit. Then he pulled back and did it again as she tried to tug his hand closer and thrust into his movements.

“Do you want it harder?”

“Uh…huh,” she said.

“Faster?”

“Ohhhh, yes.” At least that came out a little more forceful.

“Did you really want it dirty, Gemmi? Because I can give you what you want.”

“Yes…please.” The whimper in her voice made that sound less than confident.

He got a dollop of conditioner and placed his hand on her ass, stroking the groove before finding the small rosette of her anus. She’d never been touched there before, but now, as he caressed the area, she squirmed, and that bundle of nerves was a direct route to her clit. She didn’t know whether to pump to get more friction against her ass or her clit. She ended up doing a deep rocking motion that was amazing—until the pressure of Camden’s hands grew so light she could barely feel them. She glanced over at his face, trying to figure out what happened.

“Tell me more, or you’ll get less,” he said when their eyes met.

Who knew demanding alpha-male talk made her more aroused? Gemmi could barely put a thought together, and he wanted her to tell him what she wanted. She knew she’d better think of something to say, because if he didn’t hear something, all those good sensations he was providing would cease.

“Please, Camden, do it faster…harder…don’t stop. Please don’t stop.”

He groaned behind her, but she didn’t get to enjoy it for long, because he followed all her instructions. She could feel the pressure to both her clit and the sensitized rim of her ass. He hadn’t gone deep; he just pushed in a bit, and she could feel herself climbing higher toward climax with each touch…each push…each moan.

“Let me hear it, Gemmi.” His deep voice murmured so deliciously in her ear, and she knew her orgasm was going to be a big one.

She clutched at his arms as the ball of arousal tightened in her belly. When Camden pinched her clit on the next pass of his fingers, her orgasm hit hard, and her abs contracted like she’d done too many sit-ups. Her moan was as shaky as her legs as she came harder than she ever had before. It was a good thing he was holding her up. She tried to get her breathing under control, unable to believe how warm, satisfied, and decadent she felt.

He returned to her front and pulled her close to him so he could squeeze her buttocks and kiss her mouth. She returned his kiss, trying to show him how much she appreciated the treatment she’d been the recipient of since she’d been in his care. The erotic sound that came from him was so arousing she gasped and clutched at his arm.

“You like sex noise,” he whispered. “I’ll be sure to remember that.”

download (2)

 


No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...