Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A place I want to live

I’ve been spending some time reading the last book in a series that I haven’t written in for a little bit. I did start the next book in the series a while back but due to various personal things I didn’t get to finish it. So to get back into the world I decided to read the last completed book in the series. As I read I slid back into the world I had created. I love creating world, building towns and different types of family dynamics. It is a fun, complex and sometimes frustrating. But I love it all. It makes my mind race and my fingers tingle to get to writing.

As I read the last book in the series more ideas for the series came to me. Made me want to finish the next book and write even more in that world and about the various characters. This is why I love series. You get to explore deeper into the world/characters you’ve created. Heck it is why I love reading series too. I get to revisit the place/characters that I have become attached too. Get to see what is happening.

For some of the series I read I tend to read the series before the next book comes out. After I am done I long for the next. That is the sign of a great series - a compelling world that seems so real you want to go and live there. Become part of the fabric of that community. The characters feel like people you want to know and hang out with. The places in the world make you want to hang out.

Ahh… there is nothing better than writing or reading about a place I want to live.

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...