Monday, August 23, 2010

Dreaming and Planning

Dreams come in all shape and sizes. There are dreams about the future, past or present. Things you want to work towards and so on. It is what you do with the dream that is important. I believe in using some of my dreams as a guide to aspire to what ever goal that happens in my dream.

I’ve had various dreams lead me down certain paths. One such dream was my dissatisfaction with my day job. Many years ago when I wanted to change jobs I sat a dreamed of the sort of job I wanted. Once I had the idea of what I wanted I planned for it. Now today it has been over 10 years in the job I dreamed and planned for. It was all in my going after the dream and keeping my expectations based in reality.

The many dreams I have gone after have ranged from dream fulfilled to dream best left alone. Each was a learning experience. In relation to my writing I have had some fabulous dreams that lead to wonderful story ideas. For example my Rarities Incorporated series came by a very vivid dream. I went with it and have loved every moment of fulfilling the dream. Lots of my books have started with an idea or dream. I let it flow and the magic happens then I plan it out.

The fun of pursuing the dream then planning it never loses it luster. No matter the outcome I am glad I took the chance to go with my dreaming and planning.

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...