Friday, October 15, 2010

Don't End

The other day I was reading a book that was really good. I mean really good. The characters were captivating, plot very interesting and the whole concept was so engaging. As I continued to read I didn’t want the story to end. Each page closer to the end I wanted to know what happened next but didn’t want it to stop. The ending was perfect to story. A book like that is so satisfying to read.

It made me think about what happened after the end. I wanted to know more about the characters, their friends and the world they love in. They made me care to know what comes after the end. What happened to them as a couple? What about their friends, what is their story? Will their friends have a story to? Will their neighbor get their own happily ever after? So on and so on. The story did end satisfyingly with all the loose ends rapped up however I was so engaged with the book I wanted it to continue. This is why I love series that continue in the same world and/or with the same characters. Series where you get a chance to see characters from previous books and how they evolve.

Even now a week later I think about the book and wonder what happens next. I love books that create this feeling. Make me long to read more. It is a gift when you are so capture by a story. This is the feeling writers strive for. The feeling I strive for in my own books. From some of the emails I receive/d on my books I have achieved it. This book got it and I was glad I had a chance to read it. Even though it did end. (grin) I’m on the lookout for my next book I don’t want to end. So share some of the books you’ve read that you didn’t want to end. Give me details.

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...