Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Missed it and Novel Notebooks

This weekend while going through my files I realized something that with all that has been going on for the last little while I didn’t even think of. Heck I missed something for years that I should have noticed. I’ve been so busy with life, health, and writing that I didn’t even realize I had missed it. Once I knew that I had I went and did what I needed to do to get my info in. Today I got all the documents I needed so I did something I should have done for a while now. Finally sent in the paperwork and now have to wait to see what happens. (Yep being vague want to make sure it is all done before I say.)

As mentioned above I’ve been going through my files. Well actually my whole office. Been checking though my file cabinets, bookcases and all that. My pile of notebooks I mentioned a few days ago got me in the mind frame to go through my files. With all the organization I’ve found a bunch of what I like to call “novel notebooks” for various books I’ve written. Also found the novel notebooks for ideas still to be written. My “novel notebooks” are actually a binder that includes all my notes, outlines, character info, notebooks (which fit in binder) and all the other info on my books. This is something I’ve been doing for years actually since I was a child and made up my own fairytales. Of course as I have gotten older and more into writing it has evolved. It helps me get ideas down. As previously mentioned I walk with a notebook so if I get ideas I can write it down. Anyway finding my novel notebooks is like a treasure throve. It was fun revisiting stories and seeing ideas for those unwritten.

I’m going through the unwritten stories for my various novel notebooks and organizing them for future use. Will also be taking a look at my computer files. Have to work out my writing calendar for next year and beyond. Let the organization commence.

I also have some news that I haven’t announced yet but will shortly. (wink)

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...