Wednesday, June 08, 2011

A Visit from Beyond

“In paranormals you can work an insurmountable obstacle into a fantastic story. A story that will leave you not only rooting for the end that is satisfying but leaves you breathless and brings down the barriers of your mind letting your imagination take flight.” - Taige Crenshaw

Above is what I’ve said many times before and will always believe. Now lets explore another wondrous paranormal being.

It was a dark, rainy night when I saw something come towards me. In shock I stumbled back and fell. The apparition floated closer to me and reached out to me. An electric current flowed through me. I arched as it watched me out of clam eyes. In an instant it was gone. Breathing hard I blinked shaken by my visit from beyond.

Lately I’ve noticed an increase in books about that old spooky favorite ghosts. They aren’t you typical ghosts either. No they aren’t the shapeless blobs with indistinguishable features. These ghosts are full formed and can communicate. Some are even the hero or heroine. Imagine them being an active part of the story. Not used as the scare factor but the one you cheer for and connect with. So fully formed that you sometimes forget that it is an apparition.

There is so much you can do when you write paranormals. Even bring being from the great beyond. And not only that make them fierce and real. Well as real as a ghost can be. Ghostly beings have been explored in many books on various occasions. They have come far and there is still so much more for them to go. The intriguing, fierceness and sometimes-sexy ghosts make a great character to a story. It adds something fresh and different.

What ghost story have you read lately?

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...