Saturday, June 04, 2011

Snippet Saturday - Work

blog-header-option2


Today’s snippet theme is Work. Enjoy a look from one of my books.

An snippet from Wilde Seduction

wildeseduction_800_small1“But—” Mia growled at the sound of the dial tone.

She took the phone and started to push another number. A crackling sound stopped her. Turning around, Mia’s eyes widened. The stone statue on the ledge rippled, then burst open. Long wings spread high and flapped in the wind. They folded down and melded into a sleek back. Mia took a step back and gasped.

“Oh my,” she whispered.

Captivated, she took in the movement of his hard body. A perfect sun-kissed bare male ass flexed as he stretched his hands over his head. He shrugged bare shoulders in a fluid motion, and long fingers curled and released. Long, inky black hair flowed around him, blowing in the wind. The man turned and looked at her. His cerulean blue gaze seemed to glow. Mia’s eyes dropped, and she stifled a sigh to see he was now clothed.

The man jumped off the ledge onto the roof in an agile, effortless movement. He strode toward her with gracefulness and purpose in each step. As he came closer, she got a look at his flawless face. It was all carved planes and angles, as if put together by a master artisan. It was seductive and compelling. His full mouth curved was in a sexy grin that made her ache to take a nibble, and then suck his lips gently into hers. His blue eyes were even more captivating close up, surrounded by thick, curling lashes and heavy eyebrows. A shudder of longing raced through her. Mia licked her lips. His eyes followed the movement. His smile widened.

Mia blinked as the realisation of what she had just seen filled her.

He just came out of stone. No way are gargoyles real. Her eyes narrowed, and she grinned.

The man stopped just before he reached her.

“Who put you up to this? Reggie? Yeah, it had to be her. She knows I loved the Gargoyles cartoon when it was on. Goliath was my favourite—that voice and his personality.” She shuddered lightly, then continued, “Great trick with the wings. Where did you ditch them? You didn’t have to get dressed on my account.”

The man looked at her. Suddenly, there was a loud whoosh, then wings spread behind him. His shirt disappeared and his sculpted muscular chest glistened in the sun. Mia stepped back again and gasped. Laughing at herself for her reaction, she took a step towards him. He smiled at her and beckoned her closer. Mia took another and another step. The man gestured behind him, then turned his back to her. Taking his unspoken invitation, Mia stepped close enough to see and touch. Hesitantly, she looked, then gulped. The wings seemed to be coming out of his skin. Almost afraid to know, she reached out and ran her hand down between his wings, then along where they joined his back. Feeling only skin and cartilage, Mia gasped and stepped back.

The man turned and captured her arm before she could move away. She looked at him. He pulled her close to his heated body. His wings folded down and away. A shirt reappeared, covering his chest.

“Do not be afraid, miele,” the man rumbled.

Mia stilled a shudder. He sounded just like Goliath from the Gargoyles animated show. If she hadn’t touched his back and knew that his wings were real, she would have still believed that Reggie or one of her other partners was playing a trick on her. He was very real, and a gargoyle to boot. She didn’t know how she felt, but afraid wasn’t even close. Turned on and confused were just a few of the things she was experiencing.

“Please. I’ve dealt with irate clients who are more frightening than you. I’m not afraid. Intrigued more than anything else. So, you’re a gargoyle.”

“That’s the human term for it. The right term is Garlven.”

“Garlven,” she repeated.

“Yes. Good pronunciation.” The man smiled, obviously pleased.

“So, should I even ask why you’re hanging around a rooftop in Milan on the Wilde Hotel, or do you usually touch strange women?” Mia grinned.

“Just relaxing. And no, not usually.” The man laughed and released her hand, stepping back.

“You were listening to my conversation, huh? It’s not nice to eavesdrop.” Mia narrowed her eyes.

“I never said I was nice.” The man grinned wolfishly.

Mia laughed, and he joined her.

“You’re being very calm about this,” he pointed out.

“I figure I’m sleeping and having a really good dream, or I’ve lost my mind.” Mia shrugged.

The man laughed again, a rich sound. Mia grinned, flexed the hand holding her phone, and put the phone in her pocket. She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow.

“I’m going with it being a dream, and I’m enjoying it. So, you sound American, yet you’re on a rooftop in Milan. Are you on vacation too, um... what’s your name?”

“Ah…forgive me. Yes, I am American, and this is one of many rooftops I, my family, and business associates own. I’m actually working, I’m sorry to say, and not vacationing. I’m Remy Wilde, a Garlven from the Quilez clan, at your service.” He bowed regally.

“Mia Turner, of the human race and from the Turner family. Nice to meet you, Remy, a Garlven from the Quilez clan and owner in this hotel.” Mia chuckled. “A very nice hotel. “

Copyright © Taige Crenshaw, 2009.
All Rights Reserved, Total E Bound.


Go to the following sites to check out these other great authors snippets:
Jody Wallace
Emma Petersen
Leah Braemel
Mari Carr
McKenna Jeffries
Taige Crenshaw
HelenKay Dimon
Sasha White
Shelli Stevens
T.J. Michaels

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...