Thursday, December 31, 2015

Building Memories

tcbuildingThe last few weeks I’ve been on vacation. The longest one I’ve ever taken in years. This vacation is also different because I planned to take two trips during the time. I’ve had such an enjoyable time on both.

For the first part of my vacation, I took it with my family that is by choice. Over the years, I’ve become very close to a friend who along with her siblings have become family to me. We took a seven-day cruise to Hawaii. It was wonderful. The sights of Hawaii are something that I will never forget. The food was great especially the fruit. But it’s the camaraderie and fun I had with my family by choice that made this trip what it was. It wouldn’t have been as wonderful without them there with me. So I added more memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

The second part of my trip I went home. No matter where I live now I will always call where I was originally born —home. I went to spend the holidays with my family by blood. Whenever I fly into St. Thomas (where I was born and raised), I get a little teary-eyed. As I mentioned it was coming home. As I landed, I was irritated from a bad plane ride for my trip but eager and excited to see my family. This trip was special because it was the first time in a long time I was home for Christmas. I yelled that too. I love being home for the holidays. There is nothing like a Christmas at home. I’ve had such an awesome time and again made some memories that will last me the rest of my life.

I’ve talked many times about memories and appreciating them. This trip was chock full of moments that are now memories that I took time to enjoy. For this holiday season, I built memories.

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...