Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Contemplation

For sometime now I've been thinking on some things. Working my way to some decisions I need to make.

My friends and family will tell you before I make any important decisions I think it through. I might already have an instinctive response on what I want to do but before I leap I weigh the pro and cons. I have to have it all clear in my mind before I make a decision. After I do all my thinking and then I make a choice if I agree then I am full steam ahead. And I get intensely focused to make whatever I'm doing work.

For example when I write a book based on a theme for one of my publishers I work out how this would work and if it is something I want to do. If I decided to then I get into my research frame of mind. Then I get down and ready to write. On the other hand if I don't then I let it go as not for me. Another example is various joint authored projects I've done. I've been on both spectrums of partnerships. Ones that work and others where you have to let go. Working with a writing partner is interesting and when it works it can be an adrenaline rush. Ideas coming on fast. You and your writing partner melding is a dynamic mind blowing thing. I love working of those sort of projects.  Then there can be those times when it just doesn't work and you need to walk away before it gets to the point of no return. In both my examples I thought of what I would or would not do. Made decisions that shaped something else.

Each step causes an effect. Good, bad or indifferent something happens based on choices you make. Of course there is no way to know which way the effect will go. That is beyond anyone control but at least when I make a clear decision I can accept whatever may come of what I decided.

I'm at the stage of weigh the pros and cons. Have been for sometime. I'm not rushing it because it is to important too. So back to my contemplation.

1 comment:

Marcia Colette said...

I don't blame you. I don't like to rush thing because if I do, I feel like I'm putting out garbage. I like to have some idea of where a story is headed before I start writing it. There have been times where it comes overnight and others where I'm thinking about it for what feels like months. Either way, as long as I know where I'm going, I'm good.

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...