Saturday, October 03, 2009

Snippet Saturday - Dialog

blog-header-option2



Today’s snippet theme is Dialog. Enjoy a look from one of my books.

An snippet from God Style Temptation

godstyletemptation_msr_smallFrustrated Aurora screamed. “What the fuck are you?”

He smiled, a nasty little twist of his lips. “Besides the man who saved you pretty little ass from being a popsicle? A god.”

Hearing that Aurora felt fury flash through her. Not stopping to think she headed straight for him. The man’s eyes dropped and he grinned, a devilish quirk of his lips. Realizing she was still naked and he was ogling her Aurora was even angrier. Slowing she added more sway in her hips and watched his eyes light in appreciation. She looked at him and saw his smile widen. Returning his smile she let her hand flash up to deck him. He caught it.

“Uh-huh not that again. You’re such a violent little thing.” The man’s tone was calm.

Ignoring his comment she swung with her other hand. He sighed and caught it too. He raised an eyebrow as if saying “now what”. From how they were standing she estimated he was about six three to her six feet. Jerking her head forward she hit him with it. She felt his nose break, as was her intention. A grim smile curved her lips. He let her go and stepped back. Swinging at him again Aurora found her hand caught. Instinctively she swung with the other. He again caught it then turned her around and pulled them behind her back. Jerking her head back she tried to hit him with her head.

“Shit. Will you calm down?” the man growled.

Straining against his hold Aurora gritted out, “Fuck you, Cupid or Claude or whatever the hell your name is. I have eighty-seven more of those to give you. You mother fu—”

The man sighed and said softly. “I’m not Cupid.”

She stilled and gasped realizing she was plastered against his body. His next word distracted her.

“Although I can relate, why do you want to kick Cupid’s ass?” His tone was matter of fact.

“You’re hurting me. Let me go first.” Aurora demanded although he wasn’t.

He scoffed. “Liar.”

“Let me go.”

“Only if you promise not to hit me again.”

“Fine I won’t hit you again. I only connected twice.” Although it galled her to say it out loud.

Copyright © Taige Crenshaw, 2008.
All Rights Reserved, Ellora's Cave Publishing, Inc.


Go to the following sites to check out these other great authors snippets:

Kelly Maher
Jody Wallace
Shelli Stevens
Michelle Pillow
Lauren Dane
Leah Braemel
Jaci Burton
Elisabeth Naughton
McKenna Jeffries
Moira Rogers
Taige Crenshaw
Vivian Arend
Juliana Stone
Anya Bast
Lacey Savage
Shelley Munro
Sasha White
Ashley Ladd
Victoria Janssen
Eliza Gayle

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...