Sunday, December 29, 2013

Journey completed….

Almost two years ago, I mentioned vaguely that I was working on something that would take a while to complete. I didn’t go into details then because well I was unsure if I could actually do it. I’m now proud to say it is done and I kicked ass. In 2012, I decided to return to school to get my Master degree. Going back to school after so many years I had to learn to be a student again. :) The journey for my degree was fun, challenging and invigorating. The fun was learning new things since I love to learn. The challenge was getting back into the groove of being a student and juggling all the other things I had to do. Like my writing and other real life obligations. But I did it and pushed on to my goal. The invigorating was going after my goal and each step made me more determined and joyful when I completed it.

The day before Christmas, I finished my last class in my Master program and I am now proud to say that I achieved what I set out to do almost two years ago. Get my Master degree. It was a wonderful Christmas present to myself and a great start to the upcoming new year. After I did the last paper, I called my big sister and we cried, laughed and celebrated my being done. Then I called Aliyah who also knew about my working toward my degree and she was there throughout giving me some swift kicks when I was being doubting. *hugs* Aliyah thanks for being there. Then I crashed.

I was so tired after almost two years of so many things I was doing. I was also a little sad. My reasons are the last time I made my educational journey my mom was by my side when I finished. She was the first call I made once I knew I was done. This time with her not here on earth anymore I was at a lost and sad that she wasn’t here to share this journey with me. But…then I realized she was here spiritually with me and was there cheering me on. She was the one who lifted me up when I doubted if I could do this, the one who helped me push the tiredness away to get what I needed to do done, and the one who is always in my corner. These thoughts made me pick myself up and have a talk with my mom. I did it mentally, out loud and every way I could think of. It made me feel better and I’m now able to share with you all.

I’M DONE! I completed my Master program and have my degree (waiting to get the actually degree in my hands but I am done with the work). I’m very excited and proud. The year is ending and starting on a high note as this one journey I started almost two year is completed. I’m already looking forward to more journeys. :)

2 comments:

katie said...

Congratulations!!!

Erica Bryan said...

Congratulations hun. That is a huge thing and takes a strong person to go back to school and complete something so big. My hat is of to you. You should be nothing short of extremely proud of yourself for this. I have though but could not imagine going back to school and trying to balence it with real life. My best wishes to you in what you go on to now.

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...