Thursday, November 13, 2014

Between the Covers – Firestorm Encounters

Today's Between the Covers is an excerpt from my upcoming book.

Here is a excerpt from Firestorm Encounters (Phoenix Intelligence Agency, Book # 5). Enjoy.

firestormencountersFyodor felt her appear in his house. He slid the chicken onto the plate and set it on the counter before retrieving another plate and starting to fill it.

“Something smells good,” Kaitya said.

“I hope so—after all, I slaved over the stove to make food for my older woman.” He chuckled.

“I see it amuses you that I’m older.” Kaitya sounded closer.

She slid her hand along his back. He pressed into her touch. Turning his head, he looked into her eyes. She lifted her head and he met her, kissing her gently. She made a humming sound then pulled back.

“I see you have your supposed control in place.”

“And from your expression, you’re going to do everything to break it.”

“You betcha, buddy.” She patted his back then went to island and sat on a high-backed stool.

Fyodor chuckled and returned to putting food on the plate. After it was fixed, he set it down then asked, “What do you want to drink?”

“Some iced tea, if you have it.”

“Sure I do.” He went to the fridge to get it then grabbed two glasses.

He set it on the counter between them then took a seat beside her. When he did, Kaitya placed her hand on his thigh. Fyodor stilled then breathed in. That was a mistake, as her scent of wild winds and rain filled him.

“Are you trying to seduce me?”

“You’d know it if I was,” Kaitya said then looked deliberately at her hand on his leg then his face. “Is this bothering you? I did tell you I would touch you when I wanted to.”

“It is fine.” He picked up his fork. “Tell me about your day.”

“I will later.” Kaitya lifted her utensil too. “But first I want to hear about yours—where you went and the Shadowers you visited. I want to know that every time you go somewhere.”

“Why?”

“I need to know the people of my bond shadow.” Her answer pleased him and he filled her in.

Copyright © Taige Crenshaw, 2014.
All Rights Reserved.


Buy here

More about Between the Covers

Read all Between the Covers here

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...