Monday, November 10, 2014

Ink Motions with Rosanna Leo

tcinkmotions-sm3




12957_(167x250)A multi-published author of sexy romances, Rosanna writes for Samhain Publishing and Liquid Silver Books.


She is a married mom of two boys and living her dream. Having been obsessed with romance literature ever since she read Jane Eyre in grade six, her path was clear. However, she managed to take a few detours along the way, working in fields such as recruiting, customer service and classical singing.

Rosanna was born and bred in Toronto, Canada. When Liquid Silver Books accepted her first manuscript, she became a slave to the Muse and many lovable Alpha males. Rosanna blogs here as well as with Love, Lust and Laptops. http://lovelustandlaptops.wordpress.com/



 

 

 

Ink Motions - Interview

 

How do you get an idea for your novel?

My “plot bunnies” come from many different directions. When I am in paranormal romance mode, I might be inspired by a character from mythology or wonder what it might be like to possess supernatural powers. However, I would say my stories always begin with the main couple. I envision my hero and heroine and try to come up with characters who will have great friction between them, as well as tremendous chemistry.

 

What is your writing style?  Do you just sit down and write or do you create

Bums in seats does it every time for me. For the most part, I create a loose outline, I note which events need to occur, and I write. I don’t worry too much about style until I go back and edit. I think my voice is rather natural anyway, and I don’t tend to get too flowery.

 

Who is the "Writing Muse" in your life? I.E. who gets your juices flowing?

That’s a great question, but I wouldn’t say I have one muse. I might draw inspiration from a face I see in the crowd, a photo or a work of art. However, for the most part, I’m motivated by the crazy voices in my head. A character occurs to me and I find I just need to tell his or her story. I guess you could say I’ve capitalized on the deranged dialogue inside my head.

 

How many novels have you written including all work in progresses you are currently working on?

(Counts on fingers) Let’s see. I’ve published 11 romances, as well as 2 anthologies with my fellow authors from the Love, Lust and Laptops blog. I have two contemporaries coming out in the next few months. The Stand-In will be published by Liquid Silver Books in February, and Vice will be published by Samhain Publishing summer 2015. And I have several more on the go!

 

Who is your "writing idol"? I.E. Who do you like and what is it about their writing that captures your soul?

Kudos to the marvelous Diana Gabaldon, my all-time favorite, for her attention to detail and ability to create the sexiest hero of all time. However, I also love L. Marie Adeline, Karen Robards and Meg Cabot for creating such fun worlds.

 

What is you favorite plot line type?

One that keeps the reader guessing, no matter the genre. Any author who can keep me turning pages by amping up the suspense is fine by me.

 

Is there any advice you can offer to anyone who would like to write?

Learn everything you can, absorb what the experts have done, but be true to your own voice. Your voice will never let you down.

 

What is a good villain?

Ooh, one of my favorite topics. A villain, in my opinion, should be capable of great magnetism. After all, no one is completely black or white. Our villains should be a little conflicted, they should show potential for goodness, just as our heroes can often possess a bit of darkness. This dichotomy is what makes them so appealing. You want to hate them, but also want to redeem them.

 

Predator's Fire cover


 

Blurb:

When Nina Suzuki discovers the body of her best friend Janine, her world turns upside down. Things go from bad to worse when Janine’s corpse seems to transform into that of a large, brown wolf. For the first time, Nina is faced to confront all the clues indicating her BFF was not what she seemed. A letter from the dead woman opens Nina’s eyes to a strange, new world. The same letter warns of a sinister group called the Alpha Brethren, and urges her to find Killian Moon of the Ursa Fishing Lodge and Resort on Gemini Island.

Killian Moon is a jaguar shifter and teen mentor at the Ursa Lodge in Northern Ontario. He may be a comfort and inspiration to confused teen shifters, but he also has a fiery past. His past comes back to haunt him when human Nina arrives at the resort, demanding to speak with him. Demanding answers. Can he trust her with knowledge that will not only change her life, but possibly endanger those around him?

As Killian begrudgingly tutors Nina on all things shifter, their mutual curiosity flares into passionate need. Once they touch, once they succumb to desire, there is no going back. Killian realizes Nina is his mate and they both begin to comprehend the terror threatening those on their shifter-friendly island. He is forced to confront the tragedy in his family and determines to protect Nina at all costs.

But can they protect everyone they love from a cult of dangerous shifters, intent on horror and destruction?

 

Excerpt:

 

“How much longer do I have to wait? I want to see Killian Moon. Now.”

The feminine voice, strangely soft despite its insistence, echoed deep in his being, awakening his jaguar. The great cat roared to life, turned toward the office and inhaled deeply. Its eyes flashed in interest.

In...recognition?

Killian breathed in at the same time, catching the scent of cherry blossoms through the door. The sweet perfume, mixed with human outrage, proved a heady distraction, making him forget why he was there. Shaking his head, he tried to dismiss the odd sensation as Ryland opened the door.

The door swung open and the first person he glimpsed was one of the clerks from reception, trying his hardest to placate the unexpected guest. “I’m sure Mr. Snow and Mr. Moon will be right back.”

And then his gaze landed on the petite human. Tapered Asian eyes, so dark and mysterious, but rimmed with circles of exhaustion. Smooth, cinnamon skin hinted at a mixed background. Wearing no makeup, she appeared younger than she must be, but her presence and keen eyes pegged her at around thirty years old. She had a riot of curly, black hair and feminine curves that ought to come with a warning. He could see it now. Beware: this woman’s body will cause insanity in men. Even as she gesticulated at the clerk, her boobs jiggled in such a way his throat went dry.

He pictured her in a corset, her breasts spilling over delicate lace edging, and almost forgot his name.

This Nina Suzuki was damn hot and his jaguar seemed to agree. The animal licked its lips, its golden gaze assessing and appreciating every detail, from her rounded hips to her come-hither rack.

Yes, the creature uttered on a frenzied breath.

 

Buy link: Predator’s Fire, Gemini Island Shifters 5, is available at http://www.lsbooks.com/predator-s-fire-p946.php

 as well as Amazon, Kobo, ARE, B&N and other outlets.

 

Author Bio:

 

Rosanna Leo is a multi-published, erotic romance author with Liquid Silver Books who lives and breathes paranormal romance. Several of her books about Greek gods, selkies and shape shifters have been named Night Owl Romance and Two Lips Recommended Reads. When not writing, she can be found haunting dusty library stacks or planning her next star-crossed love affair.  www.rosannaleo.blogspot.com

 

www.facebook.com/rleoauthor1

www.twitter.com/LeoRosanna

www.goodreads.com/author/show/5826852.Rosanna_Leo

2 comments:

Rosanna Leo said...

Thanks for hosting me!

Nancy H said...

Love it.

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...