Monday, January 14, 2008

Series Landscape

With me getting sick last year I’ve been absent for a bit here on the blog and starting today I hope that will change. I won’t promise I will post everyday but will try to post more often. I’ve been playing catch up. Getting back into my writing schedule. Some of my friends tease me about always changing my writing calendar. Yeah I have one. I’m an organization freak. LOL. The good thing about having a writing schedule is that I have an idea of what I will be writing next. I also have my schedule set so it leaves flexibility for me to change and shift things around. I have another friend who has a writing calendar also and we are always discussing the changes we make. How it helps keep us on track and set our long term writing career goals.

The schedule helps me a lot with my writing and planning out my various series. I love writing series because I get to get deep into the world, see previous characters and develop more. It is fun and of course time consuming. You must make sure that you keep the thread of the series accurate to your previous books and so on. LOL. But I love it. It’s like a puzzle that keeps getting more pieces that fit together to create a beautiful image.

This is what we are doing with the stories on Satin Notes building two towns with lots of people, place and so on. Bringing you into their lives and world. It is fun to do and I can’t wait to see what comes next. I already have a few stories that are set in both Trescott Cove and Savoy Valle contracted as well as some more that I will be sending out to various publishers. Once I have more on the books not contracted I will let you know.

God Style Temptation is a book that is set in Savoy Valley and releases on January 23, 2008 at Ellora’s Cave. This is book two of my Olympus Unleashed Series. I did say I love series. LOL. I also have some news I hope to share sometime this week or early next week. {grin}

Since I am discussing series here is a quick update on some of my series.

I’ve finished book two and three for Immortal Blossom series however I still need to go and edit them and flesh out a few things before I submit them. I’m waiting a little before doing anything else to them that way I can go in with fresh eyes so to speak.

I’m currently working on finishing the next book in my Nefer Investigation Force series. This book is action packed and sexy. I’m having a blast writing it and sad to see it finish. After that I’m going to dive into the next Rarities Incorporated book. I already know what the story is about just have too write it.

I love revisiting my series and writing the next book. It’s like opening a candy jar and finding my favorite candies. I guess that is why I tend to like to read series too. To get into the world and so on.

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...