Thursday, March 27, 2014

Between the Covers - Immortal Bloodlines

Today's Between the Covers is an excerpt from my book.

Here is a excerpt from Immortal Bloodlines (Phoenix Intelligence Agency, Book # 4). Enjoy.

immortalbloodlines_800Killian turned down the burner of the stove and took out the last of the bacon then placed it over the paper towel on the plate.

“Someone made themselves at home,” Storm said moments before she touched him on the back.

Killian turned and kissed her. She opened, sucking in his tongue as she stroked her fingers on his spine. Storm pulled away and stared into his eyes.

“Love a man who can cook.” She slapped him on the ass. “Be careful I don’t keep you chained to my stove so you can feed me.”

“I love to cook. You better be careful what you promise. I’d enjoy being kept by you.” Killian winked. “What would be my uniform as your houseman?”

“Naked.” Storm kissed his bare chest briefly.

“Sounds good to me.” Killian stroked his finger down the bridge of her nose. “Only if you’re naked too.”

“Of course.” Storm rubbed her hand over his cloth-clad ass then squeezed before releasing him. “Now feed me.”

“Before that, would you be free tonight to go on our first date?”

“We’re doing things backwards.” Storm chuckled.

“We are doing them in perfect order.” Killian smirked. “At least we already know we’ll get lucky after the date.”

“Humph, so you assume. But I could be hard to get.” Storm sniffed, raising her head haughtily. “It’ll take more than buying me dinner to get me naked.”

“And we’re back to naked.” He leaned close to her ear. “Which you will be, after our date.”

“Sure of yourself.”

“Sure that you find me irresistible.” He winked again.

“So arrogant.” She laughed softly.

“Let’s have breakfast and you can tell me about my arrogance and how you find it so sexy. Have a seat.” Killian led her to the table then held her chair and seated her.

“More like there are moments that your arrogance makes me want to belt you.” Storm smiled.

“I know. Your restraint is admirable.”

Returning to the stove, Killian plated the bacon and the other food he’d already prepared before taking it to the table. He sat, using his energy to move the rest of their food to the table, then he watched her.

“Pancakes, eggs and bacon.” Storm glanced at her mug. “And tea, which is made, I am sure, as I enjoy it. You’re going to spoil me then I won’t be able to live without you.”

Soon when you say that you will mean it. Killian leaned toward her and Storm moved to meet him. He kissed her gently, staring into her eyes and seeing what he knew was his future. Things between them would progress the way he wished, and Storm would be his.

Copyright © Taige Crenshaw, 2014.
All Rights Reserved.


Buy here

More about Between the Covers

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...