Thursday, April 20, 2017

Between the Covers ~ Royal Chance

Today's Between the Covers is an excerpt from my book.

Here is a excerpt from Royal Chance my book in the Sariah Wilson’s Kindle Worlds – The Royals of Monterra . Enjoy.

“No.” Blake said. “Not interested.”

“But I haven’t asked anything yet.” He smiled charmingly.

“No being charming or sexy.” Blake said.

“You think I am sexy.” He smiled wider and prowled closer. “Tell me more.”

“Nothing to tell.” Blake refused to back up. “By the way you do know it’s cold right. Dressing like that,” She gestured to his pale grey jogging shorts and t-shirt. “Isn’t very smart. And I know I didn’t see you running so not even sure why you are dressed for it.”

“I could say that I am hot-blooded but that is too cliché,” He winked then came even closer. “Besides it’s balmy today.”

Blake narrowed her eyes then rubbed her thumb and index finger down her nose before saying.  “Balmy. He said balmy.”

“What is wrong with balmy? That is what it is.” Luciano looked confused.

Blake sighed then educated him. “Balmy is when something is pleasantly warm. This although nice; isn’t that so to use balmy isn’t correct.”

Luciano smiled. “Ok so you don’t like the word balmy.”

“I have no problem with the word, if it is used the correct way.” Blake retorted.

“Ok…”

“You think you are smart trying to get my name.” Blake lifted an eyebrow.

“It’s just a name.”

“Some say names have power.”

“True. But resistance is also futile.”

Blake blinked then smiled. “You didn’t just quote Star Trek to me?”

“Yes.” He smiled sheepishly. “Movies are a thing of mine.”

“Me too. Have you ever seen Andromeda?”

“Yes. Enjoyed it immensely.”

“You did…” She rocked back on her heels. “How do I know you aren’t just saying that to make me intrigued by you?”

Luciano scoffed. “You already are.”

Copyright © Taige Crenshaw, 2017.
All Rights Reserved.


Buy Royal Chance Here

Connected Books Reading Order:
Royal Chance by Taige Crenshaw
Royal Impulse by McKenna Jeffries

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...