Thursday, June 14, 2007

Bagel Fight

Before I get to the fight let me set the stage. I have been a really good woman. Eating better and seeing the benefits of it by losing weight. Heck even on my vacation I was good and watched what I ate. Oh yeah for those who have asked to see pics I will be posting pic’s next week after I decides which are not so incriminating to post. I said I was a good at eating but didn’t mention anything else {wink} I had a really good time. LOL. Anyway I digress back to the bagel fight.

I’m usually not a bagel person, I prefer muffins nope haven’t been eating those either. We’ll today I decided to have a bagel for a change. I haven’t had one in over a year. Once my mind was made up I wanted that bagel. So I went to the cafeteria in my job and got one then waited my turn to put my bagel to toast on these really antiquated machines we have. It’s like a mini toaster with a conveyer belt. So I stepped up to put in my bagel and then stepped back to make space for the other person. I bumped this other woman who was next murmured excuse me and moved so she could put in hers. As the toaster conveyer moved the things toasting. It was really slow. I had counted which in line mine should come out. As mine was ready I stepped up for it.

The woman who I had bumped earlier stepped up and said if you’re waiting for that bagel it is mine. That one is your’s. She pointed to a burnt bagel that had been sitting there when I out in my bagel. It was not the type of bagel I had put in. It was wheat and mine was a garlic bagel. Now I know you are wondering if I beat her over the bagel but see I am a pussycat and real even tempered {cough liar, cough liar). Okay, okay. I am usually even tempered and rarely lose my temper for reasons are too long to get into. You really have to push one of my temper buttons and if you do look out.

So this woman stepped in and took my bagel and as I watched it walk away I was tempted really tempted to go take it back. But I resisted and stood there a minute wondering if the universe was trying to keep me from having a bagel. Instead of thinking on it to hard I went and got another one. And you know what this one tasted better because I resisted fighting over a bagel which is what the woman seemed to want she was really rude about it. So it wasn’t exactly a fight but close.

I’m here munching on my bagel and thinking if it had been a muffin which I hadn’t had for a year also what would I have done….

We’ll it’s a good thing it wasn’t that all I’m going to say…

Taige

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...