Monday, June 25, 2007

Monday Adventure

The weekend flew by and before I knew it Monday was here. Now Monday is gone to. The days seem to be going by so fast. Where did the beginning of 2007 go? It’s the end of June already and before we know it the end of the year will be here.

So what was my adventure today? Well for me another Monday equals the day job. There is never a dull moment and I mean even before I reach my job. See I ride the NY subway and to appreciate that you need to come to NY and ride the subway. It is always and adventure to get to work. This adventure was a man singing at the top of his lungs all sort of things. We’ll you see I wouldn’t have had any problem with that but he could not sing at all.

He got on midway to my stop and we were entertained excruciatingly with his lack of carrying a note. I think he was tone deaf. See people assume New Yorker’s are rude but can you believe none of us got up and told him to sit the hell down he couldn’t sing. Some people moved to other train cars it was like a great exodus of people. Other’s turned up there music on their I-Pod and other music players then ignored him.

Well me I refused to lose my seat. Heck if you get a seat on the subway at rush hour you’d be crazy to give it up. I didn’t have a music player (note to self get an I-POD real soon). So since I was not about to move and had no music to drown him out I debated my options. It came to me quickly. Looking the man dead in his eye I smiled sweetly and beckoned him over. When he came to me I told him that the woman who just left loved his singing. His eyes lit up and off he went to another car. {Grin} As the door closed behind him all I could think was blissful silence. The woman next to me who had heard what I said started to laugh uncontrollably. I grinned at her then went back to doing what I wanted to do on my train ride read my book for the TBR Book Challenge.

Whenever the train doors opened I could hear the man still singing. Did I feel guilty for sending him on his way? Hmmm…. I’ll have to think about that one some …

What was you Monday Adventure?

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...