Monday, January 25, 2010

A note about Piracy

This notice covers all of my free reads whether written jointly, as part of a group or for Satin Notes - past and any in the future. For my site and Satin Notes, I will have this info posted on my site, and in front of all free reads on my site and those written jointly on the Satin Notes site.

Although I wish this wouldn’t need to be said. I have to say it. It has come to my attention that some free books/reads I have previously posted exclusively to Crenshaw CafĂ©, to groups I am part, to my site and Satin Notes are being uploaded/posted on pirate sites. I am not sure why. The free books/reads I post at various places are that free. On some of these pirate sites there are paid memberships and so on. Which means when it trickles down to it you are paying for books that are being offered for absolutely nothing. So with that being said, if any of my free reads/books end up on any of the pirate sites I will have to decide, at my discretion if I will continue to write/post anymore free reads. When books I write, either for free or published for sale, are given away on pirate sites it saddens me that it happens. It especially makes me not want to offer any more books for free. I want to continue too offer free reads as a thank you to readers but this can change if my free reads/books ends up on pirate site. I’m sorry it has come to this but this is how I feel when my books continue to be uploaded/posted to pirate sites.

Further about my book published for sale by my various publishers that are given away on pirate sites. Please stop. I work hard to write these books.

--- Taige Crenshaw

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...