Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Taige Crenshaw Birthday Bash with Seressia Glass!

tcbdaybash2013 - sm

 

 

Hello, everyone! I’m here to wish a Happy Birthday to Taige—and offer a present to you! Personally, I love birthdays. To me, they’re like New Years, Christmas, and spring cleaning all rolled into one—a chance to evaluate where you are, where you’re going, and to reward yourself for good (or bad) behavior. Besides, who doesn’t love an opportunity to give themselves a present without guilt?

I celebrated my birthday in June, and I think I’m having a pretty good year writing-wise so far. I’ve started a series of sexy novellas featuring jackal shapeshifters called the Sons of Anubis. The series gives me a chance to explore my naughty side and indulge my fascination with ancient Egypt mythology, so it’s like a gift I gave myself that keeps on giving. I look back on the past year and realize I’m moving forward in ways I love, while still having areas that need tweaking. Looking ahead, I know I’m going to have a pretty good year. The power of positive thinking!

So here’s to birthdays! Proof we’ve survived and in some ways, thrived. What do you do to mark your birthday?

 

Oh- I did mention presents, didn’t I? I’m giving away a copy of my first two Sons of Anubis novellas, Seducing the Jackal and Hunting the Jackal, for your preferred reading platform. Just enter the prize giveaways that is posted throughout the day.

 

Here’s the blurb for Seducing the Jackal:


 

Seressia Glass- Seducing the Jackal

Centuries ago, tragedy severed the alliance between the jackal shifters and powerful Egyptian priestesses. But when four of his brothers succumb to a deadly curse, clan commander Markus kidnaps one of the witches and insists she undo the evil magic.

 

Although Tia can undo the curse, she insists her coven is not behind it—and she is shaken to her core by her intense attraction to her captor. The sparks between them quickly ignite, filling them both with passion and power unlike anything they’ve ever known. Will it be enough to heal the rift between their peoples?

 

Now, enjoy an excerpt:


“Release me, jackal!”

Markus’s eyes widened as the witch’s power punched him, causing him to rock back on his heels. Not so weak after all. Obviously she needed her passions provoked in order to fully tap into her power. Something told him provoking her passions wouldn’t be a problem.

He wasn’t sure what he’d expected when weeks of reconnaissance had finally come to fruition, but this woman wasn’t it. She appeared young, though that was hardly an indication of age for their long-lived races. He knew she still had a healthy student loan balance, and her driver’s license stated she was mid-twenties. It was unusual for a witch so young to live outside of the safety of a coven, which was why he’d expected someone older, wiser, more of a challenge. Had she been thrown out of the Lotus Circle because she wasn’t powerful enough?

No, he’d felt her power when she’d gotten angry. It was there, waiting for her to tap into it. Maybe she was bait, living away from the protective circle of witches in order to trap the Sons of Anubis. His hand lifted, fingers wrapping around the gold Anubis-head talisman all adult jackals wore. Let the witches try. He and his jackals had survived and would continue to do so. No sacrifice would be too great.

He stared at the witch. If would be a shame if she was part of a trap. Women like her had always been a weakness to him—long-legged, thick in the thighs and full in the chest; eyes sloe, dark, fathomless and large in her copper-skinned face. Just the sort of woman he would pursue if he had the time or the inclination.

 

He had neither. Not with Lost Ones walking the night. Certainly not with someone targeting the Sons of Anubis. Not with two of his clan brothers so close to death just down the hall.

Markus fisted his hands. This Isis witch was a tool, a means to an end, nothing more. He couldn’t think about his need, how long it had been since he’d enjoyed a woman. He had to think about his clan, their survival and their eternal fight against the undead. Not the need that spiked through him every time he felt her magic.

Angry with himself for being distracted, he bared his teeth at her. “For both our sakes, I hope you aren’t weak. If you’re weak, then you’re of no use to me. And if you’re no use to me…”

 

You can get Seducing the Jackal from:  AmazonKobo   l  Barnes and Noble | Harlequin | Books a Million | ARe

 

 

 Seressia Glass- imageBio:


Seressia Glass is an award-winning author of more than twenty contemporary and paranormal romance and urban fantasy stories. Her current series (Shadowchasers, Sons of Anubis) are steeped in Egyptian mythology. She lives north of Atlanta with her guitar-wielding husband and two attack poodles. When not writing, she spends her free time people-watching, belly dancing, and watching anime. You can find her on the web at:

Website: www.seressia.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/AuthorSeressiaGlass

Twitter: www.twitter.com/seressia

 

 

 

10 comments:

Carolyn Overholser said...

what I did last week for my birthday(3rd) was go to a near restaurant called creekside with hubby and my parents-in-law. I had a free dinner and then I and hubby went to DQ with my coupon and had buy 1 get 1 free blizzards. Then we went home and watch a dvd movie until I fell asleep. I had to work 8am-noon that day and I was tired.

Linda Brennan said...

I like going out to dinner with my husband and our son and daughter. We enjoy our meal and being together (and they threaten to tell our server it's my birthday. They know I don't want everyone singing me a silly song in the middle of the restaurant!). Your book sounds interesting!!!

lisa s-c said...

I enjoyed the excerpt!!!

Belinda G said...

Super Seressia! Awesome to help to celebrate Taige's day of birth. How cool is that. I have both of these books but haven't read them yet. Thanks for the opportunity tho!

Thanks

Belinda G

Angela Love said...

Wow....Thank you for another add to my TBR!!!!!


Happy Birthday Taige!!!

Karen Johnson said...

My birthday is in October. #50. This year I will celebrate with friends and co-workers.

jennifer mathis said...

i do nothing for my birthday and thats the way i like it . just sit at home and be lazy with the kids is the best time for me

meandi09@yahoo.com

Anne said...

I just have a great meal and allow myself to eat all the cake and goodies I want that day and the day after. In my family, the b-day person gets all the cake leftovers for themselves. It's usually just under 1/2 cake and I love my day after b-day cake breakfast.

Stacey A Smith said...

I did nothing for my birthday at all not even get a cake. just felt older.
But I hope Taige get's some cake.

Pamk said...

Last Thursday was my birthday and we went out to eat.and We got ready to put hardwood floors down in our house. Finally finished up this weekend and they are being laid Monday. whoohoo.

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...