Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Taige Crenshaw Birthday Bash with AC Arthur!

 

tcbdaybash2013 - sm

 

SEASONAL READS


It’s summertime! Woohooo!


The first thing that comes to mind when I think of summer versus winter, is reading on the beach, or on a deck with the scent of chlorine water wafting through the air and the sounds of people diving in, splashing about in my ear. You will notice that I didn’t say I would be the one in the water. Of course not, I’m much more interested in sitting poolside with a book in hand. It amazes me that I have a specific book in mind when I prepare for summer vacation. Yes, the term “summer reads”, usually can be spotted anywhere from bookstores  and book blogs, to Facebook and Twitter pages as a promotional tool. But for me, there are actually specific books that I like to read in the summer versus reading in the winter. Weird huh? Okay, I’ll claim that title for the remaining three months. LOL


As a general rule my summer reading selections must be “feel good” books. I really enjoy being swept away by a grand romance or a steamy love affair, so I tend to select books in the contemporary romance and erotica genres. There’s just something about relaxing in real life, taking a break from the day job and all the other stresses of the world, and having a firsthand view of a couple’s fall into love. Small town contemporaries have been a great source for this type of satisfying story, a series so that with each book I feel like I’m living right in that town with those townspeople.


Now, during the colder months I lean more towards the paranormal and urban fantasy genres just because they pull me into different worlds completely, which is always a welcome change from the snow and ice we experience in Maryland. These stories oftentimes cloak me in a sense of danger, deception, intrigue, and sexiness that lends itself to sitting in front of a fire with a nice cup of tea.


Have you ever thought of selecting your books to read by season? If so, what are some of your preferences?


acarthur thedonovansvol1



Blurb:


The Donovans Volume 1


 

Pleasured by a Donovan


A dangerous Donovan.


Benjamin Donovan is one of Las Vegas’s top defense attorneys, his dynamic and debonair personality winning kudos in the courtroom, while breaking hearts in the process. But Ben draws the line at going against his ethics, except when those ethics lead a line of murder directly to his door.


And the woman that steals his heart.


She’d been rejecting him for as long as she’s known him and years later, prosecutor Victoria Lashley is still giving Ben a run for his money. Only this time, Victoria has no choice but to team up with Ben as her job is on the line and the killer she’s prosecuting has set his sights on her.


Will she lose the biggest case of her career, along with her life? Not if a Donovan has anything to do with it.


Heart of a Donovan


A FamilyAffair.


Regan Donovan loves her family first and her job second. She’s never been the “happily ever after” type and prides herself on keeping a cool head at all times—until Gavin Lucas shows up at the Donovan Family Reunion, uninvited, unwelcome, and undeniably irresistible.


Risking It All.


She absolutely despises him and has made no secret of that fact. But Gavin Lucas knows better, he’s seen the passion in her eyes and the spark of attraction between them keeps him awake at night. Regan Donovan is the woman for him, the one he’s yearned for all his life. She’s also the reason he’s traveled to the Donovan private island when he should have been promoting his restaurant, because Gavin will stop at nothing to win the heart of this Donovan.


A weather disaster is predicted, an escaped convict is on the loose, and a wedding will be interrupted—will love once again prevail for the Donovans?



Buy Links:


http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0615827357/


acarthur_authorphoto


Biography

Artist C. Arthur was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland where she currently resides with her husband and three children. An active imagination and a love for reading encouraged her to begin writing in high school and she hasn’t stopped since.

Working in the legal field for almost thirteen years now she’s seen lots of horrific things and longs for the safe haven reading a romance novel brings. Her debut novel Object of His Desire was written when a picture of an Italian villa sparked the idea of an African-American/Italian hero. Determined to bring a new edge to romance, she continues to develop intriguing plots, sensual love scenes, racy characters and fresh dialogue—thus keeping the readers on their toes!

During the course of her writing career Artist has won the YOUnity Guild’s Best New Drama and Romance Author Award in 2005/06; been nominated 3 years straight for EMMA Awards, with the fourth time being a charm she took home the 2007 EMMA Award for Favorite Romantic Suspense; and has also received her first Romantic Times Reviewers’ Choice Award Nomination for Best African American Romance. She is represented by Christine Witthohn at Book Cents Literary Agency, LLC.

Artist loves to hear from her readers and can be reached through her contact form or via email at acarthur22 @ yahoo.com (without spaces).

Website:

http://www.acarthur.net

Facebook Author Page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/AC-Arthurs-Book-Lounge/140199625996114

9 comments:

lisa s-c said...

I never thought to picks my books by season. I usually turn my kindle on and pick!!!! with so many tbr I never have a problem! lol

Angela Love said...

Lol!!!!! I don't do seasons but books are good all year long!!!!


Thank you for giving me another TBR add.....:)

Happy Birthday Taige!!!

Karen Johnson said...

No, I just pick one and go from there. Sometimes I read by Series.

Linda Brennan said...

I never thought of "seasonal books". Any day of any season is a good time for me to read. Books can take me to another world. Sometimes my family will be speaking to me, but I don't hear them right away! Lol

Stacey A Smith said...

I don't pic by season but by mood that i'm in.

jennifer mathis said...

i dont pick by season i read by whatever i grab off the pile
meandi09@yahoo.com

Anne said...

I read what ever pushes my buttons most at the time on my TBR pile, but I can see the appeal of reading fluff in the summer. I like to mix it up though.

Carolyn Overholser said...

I also don't pick by the season. I have this huge pile of books and I pick through them until something catches my eye then I start to read it.

Pamk said...

lord I am not that organized lol. I pick up whatever my little mind latches onto. I can't even buy a book with the intention to read it cause sure as I do i'll find something else on my kindle or my tbr shelf to read lol.

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...