Monday, August 27, 2007

Monday’s Adventure ~ I’m back in the fifth grade………

Each year my nephew gets a summer assignment. He has to get a book read it and do a book report on it. So when he came for the summer we did our usual and went to bookstore so he could pick his book. He read it and did the assignment. I helped of course so I have a vested interest in what happens to it.

So today was the first day of school so I called my sis and asked her how it went. He is in the fifth grade now. My time has flown. She said it was good when I asked about did he turn in the assignment. She said my nephew said the teacher hadn’t asked for it. I was like what. Why didn’t he give it to his teacher instead of waiting for her to ask?

This is my grade too. I worked with him and hell I read the book to make sure the report was true. My sister and I talked about how with the assignments my nephew gets we are both back in school.

Last year my nephew had an assignment to do a Nation notebook and let me tell you I know so much about Spain. It was educational but the assignment called for over 15 pages of information, picture and the whole works. I surfed the internet for info, while my sister and nephew hit the library. I sent a package to my sister and nephew with over 200 pages of information about Spain.

For example did you Spain national anthem Marcha Real is one of the few national anthems in the world to have no official lyrics. It is only music. When I found this out after searching and searching not believing it. When I told my sister we had a debate about my being wrong. I sent the info to her and when she saw I was right she of course apologized. LOL. It was interesting to find out about Spain.

Whenever my nephew gets these complex assignments me and my sister tag team to help him get them done. He does the majority of work but we help. So we go back to school to. So this year we are back in the fifth grade. I’m excited to see what interesting assignment my nephew will get this year. Yeah I know that weird but I love a challenge.

This was my adventure for today.

What was your Monday Adventure?

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...