Monday, August 20, 2007

Monday’s Adventure ~ Kindness begets kindness….

I took a break from online last week and did some me time. In my last Monday’s Adventure I briefly mentioned how P., my good friend and sister pulled one over on me by getting me a brand new Dell color laser jet printer. The old laser jet I had which was only black ink gave out on me. My plan was to buy a new one. So I was searching for one to get but was hesitant on actually getting my dream one which was a color laser jet.

Well my friend and sister went and got it for me. It was a hard thing for me to accept because you see I am usually the giver and to take something even as a gift is hard for me. When I asked my sister when the printer came why she had done something like this without my knowledge. Her answer was P. came to her with it and because they knew I would refuse they said nothing before hand. My sister also said I should accept it gracefully and shut up. Well that shut my mouth. LOL. But of course I couldn’t let it rest I asked my friend P. today why she had done such a thing.

Well I am sure you guessed it. She said it was because I would refuse it and I deserved to have it. She also said I would do the same for her. Now I couldn’t leave it alone. So I asked why and she simply said. Kindness begets kindness.

After she said that I had to sit back and I’ll admit it I cried like a baby. It was a humbling thing for me a giver to realize it is also good to let others give to you instead of just being the giver. Now I am not saying I don’t let others help me but it is hard for me to ask. This I didn’t ask for and it was so much more special. So this Monday’s Adventure was one that I hope you all can pass on now and in the future. Do something from the heart. It leaves a warm feeling that is priceless.

This was my adventure for today.

What was your Monday Adventure?

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...