Thursday, February 21, 2008

Crenshaw Reading Thursday - Strangers in Death

strange180.jpgThis week I finished reading the In Death series in time for Strangers in Death which released on Feb 19, 2008. I've mentioned a few times that I love JD Robb's In Death Series. Eve and Roarke are such a complex couple. She is baffled by his love and he loves to see her being baffled. They are strong personalities.

In this newest book the case touches close to home. It is about money, love and marriage.

Which is more important love or money?

This is the underlying question in this story. Eve goes up against a cunning killer who everyone believes is so innocent. Everyone that is except Eve who sees through the facade. In this In Death it was more of a mental battle of wills than a physical. Eve had to match wits with the killer and prove they committed the crime.

In a scene Roarke said it best when he mentioned this time she wasn't exhausted but revved to bring the killer down. Which she did by putting pieces together despite others doubting Eve when she said who committed the crime. Eve ignored them all and proved her case. One of my fav scenes was when Roarke went into a rage because 'his wife' was tapped until payday. Oh it was so not to be missed.

Of course Peabody, Feeney, McNab, Morris, Baxter and Trueheart were there. Charles and Dimarto ooooo... can't say anymore or giving away a spoiler. And I'm very interested in Cher Reo the ADA that has been a few of the books. I can't wait to find out more about her.

All in all I enjoyed Strangers in Death. Can't wait for the next installment of the series later this year.

No comments:

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...