Friday, October 19, 2007

Adventure of Food...

All of you who are here celebrating with me thanks. And I have lots more planned so keep coming by. And if there are any lurkers out there who haven’t posted yet believe me you want to post to get in on some of these prizes I’ve got. Oh yeah.  Now onto the Adventure of Food. something happened today at the day job that got me thinking. 

Today I was having lunch with one of my lunch buddies and we had gone out for sandwiched. So when we got back and got our things we needed I noticed she had ketchup. Since we hadn’t bought any fries or anything that would need ketchup I wondered why.  After a moment I remembered. My friend has this thing she does with ketchup. No get your mind out of the gutter. LOL.  This is the exact way she put’s it.  

“Potato chips are like fries so you can put ketchup on it. Not any flavored potato chip. Just the plain ones.” The first time she said it I fell out laughing until I realized she was serious. Now I just shake my head. I haven’t tried it yet but maybe next time I will. LOL.  


So tell me what is one of your favorite weird food combinations that make people give you strange looks.

11 comments:

Crystal R said...

For some reason my husband thinks I am crazy for eating mayo with french fries or ranch dressing with pepperoni pizza. But I just love it...

Taige Crenshaw said...

Your Hubby probably had the same expression I had the first time I saw my friend put ketchup on her potato chips. LOL.

Hmmm... mayo on fries and ranch dressing on pepperoni pizza. For the pizza have you tried any other dressing?

Crystal R said...

I only eat ranch dressing on pizza...But I can not get over the ketchup on the chips. But my husband has a weird eating habit of eating french fries dipped vanilla ice cream...

Crystal R said...

I am sorry he corrected me he dips his french fries in vanilla milkshakes not ice cream...

Jane said...

I love mayo with fries too. That's how they eat it in Europe. I know someone who dips pizza in blue cheese dressing. I'm not a fan of blue cheese because of the sharp taste.

Cathy M said...

I like fries dipped in mustard.

Taige Crenshaw said...

So Ranch dressing on pizza. Hmm... I wonder if any other dressing would taste good. I like thousand island maybe I should try it on pizza. And your hubby french fries in vanilla milkshake. Now I have to defiantely try that.

Taige Crenshaw said...

Jane ~ Mayo on fries. Now you have got my interest. Gotta get some fries there are so many way to eat it.Have I been missing out

Taige Crenshaw said...

Fries with mustard. Another way for fries.

I eat musatrd on my hambuger. And you know I get weird looks. When I moved where I live now it took a long time for me to figure out why McDonald hambugers didn't taste like back home.
It has no mustard.

I also put my fries on my burger and eat it all together. Hey I got some weird food habits to. LOL

Southern Bell said...

I total get the ketchup on plain potato chips. A potato chip is a fryed potato sliced thin and round and a french fry is sliced up fryed potato in long strips. So the question is. "Why not put ketchup on both?"

Taige Crenshaw said...

LOL. Southern Bell. Put like that I can understand.

Finding me around the web....

This is posted on a monthly basis. In addition to here on my blog or on my website, if you want to find me around the web you can check me o...